Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your opinion of the Tailgate Club?

Hambone26

A couple of buddies of mine from Delaware meet us and we tailgate in the parking lot.. starting when the lot opens. We usually start with something like bacon-wrapped scallops and/or shrimp on the grill, crab stuffed grilled green peppers, cream of crab soup (when its cold).

Then.. the main course.. forget hamburgers and hot dogs. We do pork loin shishkabobs, crab cakes, country burgers (stuffed with cheese, onions, spices), bratwurst with grilled onions, ribs, chicken steak sandwiches, or any number of things. Once that is done.. of course there's dessert.. in the summer, something like chocolate-covered frozen cheese cake, eclairs, etc. As it gets colder, it becomes more non-"cold" stuff like baklava, key lime pie bars, boston creme pie.

I'll take that over what I hear about the tailgate club any time ::grin::. No offense to those that do.. but I just can' afford that kind of money no matter how much I love my 'Skins.

good for you, but nobody joins the tailgate club for the food.

A couple of buddies of mine from Delaware meet us and we tailgate in the parking lot.. starting when the lot opens. We usually start with something like bacon-wrapped scallops and/or shrimp on the grill, crab stuffed grilled green peppers, cream of crab soup (when its cold).

Then.. the main course.. forget hamburgers and hot dogs. We do pork loin shishkabobs, crab cakes, country burgers (stuffed with cheese, onions, spices), bratwurst with grilled onions, ribs, chicken steak sandwiches, or any number of things. Once that is done.. of course there's dessert.. in the summer, something like chocolate-covered frozen cheese cake, eclairs, etc. As it gets colder, it becomes more non-"cold" stuff like baklava, key lime pie bars, boston creme pie.

I'll take that over what I hear about the tailgate club any time ::grin::. No offense to those that do.. but I just can' afford that kind of money no matter how much I love my 'Skins.

Sounds like all of that would cost more than the tailgate club - not to mention the cleanup and prep time. It's nice to be able to just walk up, eat, and then leave (but not before stuffing my pockets with free beverages that regularly cost $8 in the stadium). I'll be in the tailgate area bright and early tomorrow morning to win some free T-shirts and get some autographs (gotta get my $$$'s worth, right?). Look for the guy in the Redskins gear . . . oh wait.

Yeah but you don't meet doc walker, mark mosely, charley taylor, etc, etc, etc.

It's not about the food.

Yeah but you don't meet doc walker, mark mosely, charley taylor, etc, etc, etc.

It's not about the food.

99% of the discussions have been about the food.. thus my reply "about the food".

As far as meeting players... past and present, there are plenty of other opportunities. I've met and have pictures with many, including Moseley, Doc Walker, Riggo, Sonny with Glenn Brenner, Kilmer and Gibbs, among others. And those opportunities don't cost the price of the tailgate club. So to me, personally, it's not worth it. To you, it may be. That's fine. I'm not trying to state that it's not worth it to any particular person.. I'm only stating how I feel about it.

And to me, it's simply not worth it. Each person has to determine what value it is to them. If it's worth it to a single person.. that's fine. Personally, it's just not worth it to me. If you choose to spend the money, that's fine. I don't begrudge you for that.

HTTR

:point2sky

Archived