Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget this game

Rodriggo

Everybody who is blaming Walt Harris or Gregg Williams for the game yesterday should remember that with the score 35-28 the defense did in fact force a turnover on downs with a little more than three minutes left. Had our offense got one first down the game would have been over.

Not that I'm putting blame on the offense. On the contrary I think this loss will go a long way in making this team what we all want it to be, a champion. The running game finally came together, and made our offense more versatile, proof being the 28 points we put up against a very talented unit on the road in a hostile environment.

No question this loss hurts, especially the botched two point review, but you have to remember that it took almost a full minute for the booth to notify the refs about a possible review. The Bucs had run up and down the field, the stadium had exploded and composed itself. Even if the video was conclusive evidence it would have been very hard for the refs to go against that wave of emotion for the home team.

In the final analysis when you have multiple turnovers on the road; Den, KC, and TB, you are in essence a lost cause, yet we held two leads late and almost won the game. This team is full of fighters and is only getting better. Don't jump off the bandwagon now. When Tagliabue presents the Danny with the trophy at the end of next season the sting of this game will be a distant memory.

This was a failure by the whole team. just not one person or unit can take the fault on this one. Bad news is that without a pass rush our D is at best average!! ST not plaing played a big factor in the game!! This D and team will not be successful without having pass rushers!!

This was one of the most bitter defeats I've experienced, and I've been a fan for decades.

I nearly cried when Brunnell was tackled on 4th down, ending the suspense. Then I got really, really pissed. Somehow though, I managed to not break anything, like the remote, my hand, my head, etc.

Just a gut-wrenching, excrutiatingly painful experience. I might take a week off from Redskins football. I can't take this kind of psychological abuse.

Jesus, I kept looking around to see if Norv was down there.

F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with most of your post except..... Walt Harris has been a weak link for the last few weeks. Even to the point of him looking almost ridiculous out there. He was burned twice yesterday for TD's and is clearly hindering the secondary. By all means I do not place all of the blame on him but I certainly would play Rodgers and take the growing pains until he becomes the great player he will become!

Archived