Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

run portis more...

CCooley47

Give portis the ball more please, 24(?) carries is not enough for a team that prides itself on the run. Honestly the guy ran over 100 yards in the first half against the #1 Dteam. He is better this year but is getting fewer carries and thats the problem. Also when they played denver he had over 100 yards on 19(?) carries. It was raining and yet we still throw 49 times, we need to run him more than we have been. Against oakland they better run him 35+ times. I'm glad though that portis a very humble player and won't complain.

Ya i was surprised when i started seeing bettis more towards the end i thought portis was due for a big run. But portis got our last touchdown and then the defense lost the rest. And dont forget a couple of games we are playing from behind in the second half, and gibbs tends to give up on the run once we are down whether it is in the 3rd quater or the final 2 mins. But as long as portis gets over 100 i dont think he will say much. But man i love the way he runs. He shows us how tough of a runner he is.

:gaintsuck

I agree with you guys. If a running back is averaging near 10 yards a carry and over 100 yards in the first half, there is NO EXCUSE to stop using him and to turn to a second back. In fact, I think that was one of our big mistakes. I couldn't believe it when I saw Betts more. Especially because he wasn't obviously wasn't producing. I saw a few times when Betts was running the first or second done!!! Again...NO EXCUSE and poor ply selection. When a back has a field day on an defense...you run that back all day long down their throats!!! Portis' numbers should have been much better than they were, we blew it by not giving him more of a chance to run.

Nothing wrong with giving Betts a few carries. Clinton needs a blow every now and then. 7 carries isn't earthshaking. Betts runs hard, and almost averaged 4 yards a carry. Tampa did a much better job of containing Portis in the second half. I don't think he averaged much more than 4 YPC after the huge first half.

Archived