Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Future Year Opponents List

70Chip

I asked in another thread if anyone had the full list of the Redskins' future non-division opponents under the new schedule rotation, as I hadn't been able to find it anywhere online.

Thanks to the just-received 2002 NFL Record and Fact Book (the oracle of all information) I now have those future opponents and thought I would share them here as a public service.

Note that the Redskins will be matched by finishing position against two opponents each year. Thus, when (not if) the Redskins finish first, they will play the first place team in the noted division. The division of that opponent to be named later is listed last.

Home: NO, TB, NE, NYJ, NFCW

Away: ATL, CAR, BUF, MIA, NFCN

Home: GB, MIN, BAL, CIN, NFCS

Away: CHI, DET, CLE, PIT, NFCW

Home: SF, SEA, OAK, SD, NFCN

Away: ARZ, STL, DEN, KC, NFCS

Home: ATL, CAR, JAX, TEN, NFCN

Away: NO, TB, HOU, IND, NFCW

Home: CHI, DET, BUF, MIA, NFCW

Away: GB, MIN, NE, NYJ, NFCS

Home: ARZ, STL, CLE, PIT, NFCS

Away: SF, SEA, BAL, CIN, NFCN

2009:

Home: NO, TB, DEN, KC, NFCW

Away: ATL, CAR, OAK, SD, NFCN

Home schedule for 2006 looks pretty unexciting right now -- hope those teams get better fairly quick. But those vanilla teams will probably be needed to recover from the 2004 and 2005 home schedules. :thumbsup:

The idea is that every team plays every other team in an even rotation and for home and home. Two examples the league gave supporting the need to do this are that apparently Tampa Bay has never played in Buffalo and Green Bay once played in Dallas four years in a row.

Doesn't leave a lot of excitement in figuring out the future games, but it *is* nice to be able to look so far forward and see when we can expect certain teams to come to town.

In addition, note that every division will have exactly the same schedule with the exception of the two games determined by finishing position. So the Giants, for example, will be playing all of the same teams in each of these years, as well as the team from the division listed that matches their finish.

Archived