Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else sick of hearing how the Redkins are "lucky"?

EnFoRcEr_uPu

I keep hearing about how we were lucky to win the Seattle game after that bad FG attempt. Or how we got lucky with our fumble recoveries against the Eagles. How we got 2 lucky plays against Dallas to win...

We recovered just 4 of 26 total fumbles after last weeks game, on the season. Just FOUR! That has to be an NFL record for worst luck or something. But now that some things have gone in our favor, suddenly we're lucky. But heaven forbid they mention how we were UN-lucky earlier in the season.

It's getting extremely old reading negative comments week in and week out about the skins, despite whether they win or lose. Even against SF we got bashed. Then the Giants win, and suddenly they're all incredible.

It's rediculous.

Dude, do you start a thread or two every day? I see your name on these all the time.

And yes, I am. It's like it's so great that every other team is lucky, but oh, yeah, the Redskins are lucky too. And on top of it, and despite it, they still suck.

:doh:

Recovering your own fumble is just as much a good play as it is the ball bouncing your way. The Dallas game is not luck because we did it TWICE. One time is lucky, two times shows that you found a weakness and exploited it.

But.... needing a missed field goal to stay alive is luck. Just ask Dallas how the story ends when they don't miss.

Perhaps. But maybe after giving up yardage to the long field goal range, having your defense stiffen up and keep the opponent far enough away to miss it NOT luck.

But I was stunned to read how lucky we were with Dockery's fumble recovery. Our miserable record in recovering fumbles is because we suck, but when we finally get one of course it was lucky. :rolleyes:

Archived