Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Top 10 Disappointing Players (Samuels & Lavar)

tsunami001

Oh come on...theres no way he's anything below above average. He plays pretty well, and does his blocking assignments pretty well. If it wasn't for him getting blown away by that Giants DE, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion right now. He has been doing pretty well up until then.

Amen, brother. And he (and everyone else) got beat by a pretty damn good d-lineman.

Oh come on...theres no way he's anything below above average. He plays pretty well, and does his blocking assignments pretty well. If it wasn't for him getting blown away by that Giants DE, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion right now. He has been doing pretty well up until then.

Yeah? Remember the KC game? Again, is he worth the money? I might not be having this exact discussion if he was paid accordingly.

Yeah? Remember the KC game? Again, is he worth the money? I might not be having this exact discussion if he was paid accordingly.

I didn't watch that game i live in eastern tennessee. I thought by me moving here i would at least be able to see more games than when i was down in Florida...but all i see is Tennessee, and Carolina.

What happened? I heard a no name got a few sacks on us but i didn't know it was Samuels.

Amen, brother. And he (and everyone else) got beat by a pretty damn good d-lineman.

Yeah, the Giants D-line isn't that bad at all...made our O-line look like butter...i feel cursed because i actually saw that game on t.v and i almost threw up. I even laughed a bit when Royal dropped that TD pass at the end. It just was not our day.

I didn't watch that game i live in eastern tennessee. I thought by me moving here i would at least be able to see more games than when i was down in Florida...but all i see is Tennessee, and Carolina.

What happened? I heard a no name got a few sacks on us but i didn't know it was Samuels.

Jared Allen got three sacks that game. And he only got them because he, as he admitted later, was able to time Brunell's snap count. That was an issue that was later talked about at length by Brian Mitchell, who said that Gibbs usually only uses one snap count during road games. He stated that should change since, if, like someone like Jared Allen is able to time the count and you don't have another one to fall back on, you're dead.

Yeah, the Giants D-line isn't that bad at all...made our O-line look like butter...i feel cursed because i actually saw that game on t.v and i almost threw up. I even laughed a bit when Royal dropped that TD pass at the end. It just was not our day.

It wasn't our day at all. When Betts coughed up that fumble to being the second half, that was really a kicker.

Allen had a huge game against him.

Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Tkl Ast Tot Sacks Int Yds Lg TD Pass Def FF Rec Yds TD

10/02 PHI L 31-37 Yes 3.0 1 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0

10/16 WAS W 28-21 Yes 5.0 0 5 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 0 0

Jared Allen got three sacks that game. And he only got them because he, as he admitted later, was able to time Brunell's snap count. That was an issue that was later talked about at length by Brian Mitchell, who said that Gibbs usually only uses one snap count during road games. He stated that should change since, if, like someone like Jared Allen is able to time the count and you don't have another one to fall back on, you're dead.

Yeah...sometimes i feel that we are predictible...but at least we aren't too conservative like we were last year. We ran the ball than did short little screens. But watching our D was somethin else.

Allen had a huge game against him.

Tackles Interceptions Fumbles

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Tkl Ast Tot Sacks Int Yds Lg TD Pass Def FF Rec Yds TD

10/02 PHI L 31-37 Yes 3.0 1 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0

10/16 WAS W 28-21 Yes 5.0 0 5 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 0 0

Players always seem to have career days against us...this is nothing new...just a trend. Go to hell Tiki.

Players always seem to have career days against us...this is nothing new...just a trend. Go to hell Tiki.

Exactly. And it's a gas how some people seem to think that Samuels has had a bad past three seasons when he played at a near Pro-Bowl level in one (2004) and actually made the Pro-Bowl in another (2002).

Exactly. And it's a gas how some people seem to think that Samuels has had a bad past three seasons when he played at a near Pro-Bowl level in one (2004) and actually made the Pro-Bowl in another (2002).

I'm fine with our lineman...i think this unit can be very good if they had a little longer to gel. They have all the potential in the world.

I'm fine with our lineman...i think this unit can be very good if they had a little longer to gel. They have all the potential in the world.

I'm a little worried about Dockery. He's the guy that has huge potential. This was supposed to be his breakout season. So far, he's yet to reach the hype that Bugel's given him.

I'm a little worried about Dockery. He's the guy that has huge potential. This was supposed to be his breakout season. So far, he's yet to reach the hype that Bugel's given him.

Yeah...he has been solid though...better than last year i'm gonna say that. Last year he was piling up the false starts like mad...

There's a wild assertion floating around this thread that CS had a great '04. Well, let's pour a few shots for Mark and Patrick and ask them what they really think.
The Pro Bowl left tackle was gaining a reputation as one of the league's best, but he hasn't delivered consistently this season. In Week 8, he was torched by Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora, and that wasn't the first week he had trouble with a fast pass rusher.

Duh.

There's a wild assertion floating around this thread that CS had a great '04. Well, let's pour a few shots for Mark and Patrick and ask them what they really think.

Well you do know that we had Ray Brown in at the time right? 2 other horrible lineman playing. I dunno i dont think Samuels can be the blame for the sacks last year.

Archived