Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEx: Week 8 Redskins Notebook

bubba9497

Week 8 Redskins Notebook

http://www.dcexaminer.com/articles/2005/10/26/sports/redskins/001_all_skinsnotes.txt

Sox fever: Redskins defensive end Renaldo Wynn grew up across the street from Comiskey Park and is a lifelong Chicago White Sox fan — not one who hopped on this year’s bandwagon. Wynn even stayed up to watch all of Game 3, which ended at 2:20 a.m. “I was calling my dad at the end,” Wynn said.

Hall optimistic: Kicker John Hall is confident he’ll be able to kick against New York on Sunday. The Redskins originally said they wanted to see him healthy for two weeks before using him in a game. This is the second week he’s been able to kickoff and attempt field goals in practice. Gibbs remained non-committal, though he did say Hall felt he could have kicked last week, but the coaches wanted to wait a week.

Not sold: One NFC executive wasn’t convinced linebacker LaVar Arrington has completely recovered from his knee problems. “After watching him play [sunday], I don’t know that he’s 100 percent healthy,” he said. “We’ll see as it goes on, but the jury is still out there. It was the way he moves in space and dropped into coverage and changed directions. Most of the time they asked him to move forward. I think we’ll know more after this week if they continue to play him.” Arrington insists his knee is healthy. He made a game-high nine tackles against San Francisco Sunday.

Injury report: Defensive linemen Cornelius Griffin (hip), Aki Jones (hamstring), and Cedric Killings (ankle) and safety Sean Taylor (ankle) did not practice Wednesday. But all are listed as probable. Quarterback Mark Brunell (calf) was limited in practice, but is also listed as probable. — John Keim

Archived