Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Burst the Nolan-Redskins Myth Once And For All

bulldog

Because he came cheap? 49ers ownership has become notoriously cheap, and though I don't know exactly what type of money Nolan's getting there, it probably isn't top money. Also, the fact that there are many, many more coaches that better deserved the opportunity to become a head coach seems to point to a decision based partly on money, and partly on how easily ownership could control him.

This is a load of bs if I've ever heard it. It doesn't matter how much money Nolan is making, the niners had to swallow Donahues and Ericksons contracts this year in order to hire him. So, in essence, Nolan is costing the niners the salaries of three coaches.

And who would the coaches be that better deserved the head coaching position? I think if you ask Baltimore fans whether or not Nolan would be welcome back with open arms, they would have a much different opinion of him.

This is a load of bs if I've ever heard it. It doesn't matter how much money Nolan is making, the niners had to swallow Donahues and Ericksons contracts this year in order to hire him. So, in essence, Nolan is costing the niners the salaries of three coaches.

And who would the coaches be that better deserved the head coaching position? I think if you ask Baltimore fans whether or not Nolan would be welcome back with open arms, they would have a much different opinion of him.

Are you kidding me? Name one thing that Nolan has done in the NFL? One! Tell me, what exactly encompasses a Mike Nolan defense? What's unique about his coaching abilities? I'll tell you what, NOTHING!

He inherited Baltimore's defense and its players and left after he screwed it up, and before he was fired (sort of a scorched earth policy for coaches). Also, you're exactly right in pointing out that the 49'ers swallowed two coaching contracts, and yet you don't think money was an issue at the forefront while considering hiring a new coach? You don’t think the following words were ever uttered by 49’ers ownership when considering Nolan as a candidate, “Plus, he’ll come cheap.”

Nolan was right about one thing, he didn't learn any football while here in Washington that much was obvious from yesterday's game. Trust me, I don’t think any Ravens fans (that know anything about football) are crying about Nolan leaving town.

Archived