Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts from inside Arrowhead (Portis deal not looking good IMO)

kleese

Portis has had 2 100 yard games this season against good defenses. If he finished this year with 6 100 yards games which he's on pace to do I'll be a pleased. What he's missing are the td's and I think thats a combination of playcalling and blocking.....We aren't getting a drive near the goaline from the interior of the o-line and we need to run more stretch plays. I think this could be a big week from him against the 49ers. I can see Gibbs having and efficient passing gameplan this week with a steady diet of Clinton If he can stay on the field for 25 carries this could be a breakout game....

I hope so...It'd be great for our D to come up big too one game like an int. for a TD.

Remeber the one LaVar ran back a few years ago which was a turning point in that horrible season.

:dallasuck

The Portis deal was a mistake.

1. Denver's scheme makes running backs look good;

2. Clinton did not fit the Gibb's offense;

3. Of all the positions, the running back is the easiest (and cheapest) to fill through the draft as Denver has shown;

I agree with an earlier poster, I would have dealt Champ for a draft choice.

The Portis deal was a mistake.

1. Denver's scheme makes running backs look good;

2. Clinton did not fit the Gibb's offense;

3. Of all the positions, the running back is the easiest (and cheapest) to fill through the draft as Denver has shown;

I agree with an earlier poster, I would have dealt Champ for a draft choice.

Agreed.

I would've liked to take a shot at Shaun Alexander instead.

You can't throw around first day draft picks like their nothing. That 2nd rounder was really unnecesary.

That said, I stilll think that we've got a great back in Clinton. Not elite, but certainly above average.

Archived