Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My first Redskins game! (need help from the pros!)

Southtown

So the other day I'm looking for flights to Vegas for Labor Day weekend when I notice that Jet Blue has a flight that goes direct from Ft Lauderdale to DC every Sunday morning and evening.

The flight lands in DC at 9:55am and then leaves DC back to Lauderdale at 6:55pm. So I thought, is it possible for me to fly up for the day and catch a 1pm Skins game then fly home? (It is difficult for my roommate and I to get days off or I would just spend the night)

Assuming after a delay I get in my rental car at 10:45am. With traffic, can I make it to FedEx in time? Also, assuming the game ends at 4:30pm. Will I have time to get back to the airport, return the rental and catch the flight at 6:55pm? (remember I'll have no bags to check or pick up)

Hoping that the above scenario is possible, where should I get tickets from? The target game is verus the Saints on Oct 13th. I checked Ebay but they only have seats in the 400s. I would rather have something closer, but the most I'm looking to spend on tickets is about $100 each. (or max $150 each on real good seats)

So should I try Ebay, a ticket broker, the classifieds?

Let me know your thoughts...all feedback will be appreciated.

First of all, the airport that you fly out of is a big consideration. If you're flying out of Reagan, you would probably be in good shape. If you flew out of Dulles, it would be cutting it pretty close. If you flew out of BWI, forget about it. You will also have to bank on SOS spanking the Saints so that you could leave a little early. If you could leave a little early, you would probably be able to make it. Good luck.

Hey Southtown I'm from the DC, Baltimore area and I'm contemplating a move down to Ft. Lauderdale. Since my family and pretty much all of my friends are from Maryland this would be a decent way to stay in touch.

How much exactly is that flight?

Archived