Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Why can't we score a Rushing TD

Redskinswhoopass

Well for a long time, Defenses have not respected our passing game. So they have piled 8+ guys into the box. Plus Gibbs loves to run the ball, especially in the Redzone, since it is a safer play call (less chance of a turnover). So, since we have been doing a lot of Play Action passing into the End Zone, I think it safe to say we will start seeing a lot of Clinton Portis in the End Zone. Especially when Defenses start pulling guys out of the box to cover for the Play Action.

Not sure why. I voted O-line not blocking well enough on short yard running plays. Are running game has not shown that it can make 2-3 yards consistantly. I also think that because our passing game has been so successful that we are quickly calling a pass when the first run attempt doesn't score.

We are just horrible at goal line situations. Why can't we ever toss the play to the outside and use Portis' speed or something instead of rushing up the gut?

Yep...we run all these counter treys at the 1 yd line...someone already said...too much pulling, not enough pushing

I said play calling. Me and some friends were watching the games, and everytime we did in the "Red Zone" we ran the ball out of that dag on BIG formation. I don't know what the skins call it, but as soon as it is stuffed they go to play action. They have to see that it ain't working. Why not put in 3 wides and run a draw, or something, do something different. They keep trying to make Portis another John Riggins down there, and it ain't working.

Archived