Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need our friggin' corners

D'Pablo

You want to know why our D has been uncharacteristically good and not great? We need our veteran corners. I key into specific gains (including the two TD runs) that would have been negated by solid corner containment. With Harris and Springs in the game, we would have taken this and we would probably rock KC next week. I hope both being healthy for next week.

i think people are missing this a little bit - i feel like walt harris has been missed a lot more than anyone would've expected. a decent cb would've made a better play on their fade that scored against jimoh, and if harris was healthy jimoh wouldn't be in there. with harris coming of such solid outings early in the year, not having him just puts more pressure on everyone else i feel like. and in that type of situation we're bound to give up a few big plays here and there. and thats what killed us today.

here's to hoping harris is ready for next week.

It seems like Jimoh is always there in position to make a play, but he never does. I swear that if he had any sort of ball recognition, he'd be the next Darrell Green. Guys, I really think we underappreciate Walt Harris's contribution to this team. The guy was solid starter for the Colts. Unfortunately, he was on piss poor defenses while he was there. What else can be said for Shawn Springs other than he is probably the cog that holds everything together. These two guys need to get healthy again. Perhaps one day Rogers and Jimoh will be stellar starting corners for the skins, but that day has not yet come.

You want to know why our D has been uncharacteristically good and not great? We need our veteran corners. I key into specific gains (including the two TD runs) that would have been negated by solid corner containment. With Harris and Springs in the game' date=' we would have taken this and we would probably rock KC next week. I hope both being healthy for next week.[/quote']

As soon as I read the title I said to myself...

Ahmen.

We can't blitz as successfully without our two top cornerbacks...they are a huge part of our defense.

It really sucks that they got injured, but on the bright side this wasn't a divisional game, or even an in-conference game. It doesn't mean as much as if we lost to, say, the cowboys.

We can turn this little loss around, and I'm sure that the players will forget it by next week.

Archived