Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After this weeks WIN. Where do we stand in POWER RANKINGS?

coldpack

I know it doesn't matter b/c its just speculation, but i guess its a mixture of pride and curiousity that makes me anxious to find out where the Skins stand in world of "POWER RANKINGS".

Respectively, the skins' are just a mere rank 17-19 in various ranks. Though those conclusions were followed by varrying flavors of "how long is THAT going to last?"

Now that WE BEAT Seattle (even tho we were favored to win), where do we fit in the food chain? How many spots did we move down (towards 1st place) or up (lol, are we hated that much?)? Whats YOUR perspective?

I think we are at 10 now. Even though I think sports writers as a whole are just uneducated guessers, I tend to agree with the placement. Skins are in a place where they have alot of potential to be very good this year but the close nature of the wins so far makes most slow to pull the trigger.

Well, let's see...

The Colts are number 1 right now, on anyone's list.

The Eagles are still ahead of us. As are the Steelers, the Chargers by virtue of their performance yesterday, and the Falcons. Oh, and there's no way I'm ready to rank us ahead of the Patriots. They'll need to lay another couple of eggs before I'm ready to do that.

After that it's pretty much a crapshoot. You've got a group of "pretty good" teams that can really go in any order...

Redskins, Giants, Buccaneers (nice record, but two almost losses to Green Bay and Detroit that are as questionable as any of our near-losses), Bengals (who haven't played anybody, either), Panthers, Saints (who are eventually gonna be worn down by their travelling), Seahawks, Dolphins (what a job Saban has done, huh? With Frerotte at QB, no less!), Jaguars, Broncos, Chiefs, & Raiders (don't be fooled by that record - look at the opponents!!!). At this point, you can put those teams in almost any order.

So, what do we have? Anywhere between 7-18?

Not much of an answer, but that is a reflection of three things:

1. Due to the nature of our wins, we don't really know how good this team is.

2. There is a ton of parity in the NFL right now. And as Jason Whitlock pointed out (he's good for a point every now and then) don't be fooled into thinking the AFC is so much better than the NFC - after the top 3 or 4 teams, the rest of the AFC is no better than their NFC counterparts.

3. It's too early in the season to judge much.

My tenuous ranking is 9, behind the Bengals & Broncos, but ask again next week...

Archived