Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heart & Character

scstand

We showed alot of both today. This was a hard fought victory from a really good Seattle team guys.

I did a bunch of stat anayalsis and really there is no point posting it cause the bottom line is we dominated the Hawks O for 3 and 1/2 quarters...then the momentum shifted. With 7:14 to go in the 3rd Quarter the Hawks drove 85 yards and scored from the 2 yard line.

Key plays here was the 34 yard run by Alexander and the 26 yard completion to Engram on 3rd and 10 that put the ball at our 2. UP until this turn of events our defense did some bending but did not break.

We moved the ball on our next drive ending with a Novak FG. I thought this made a statement against a worn down Seattle D. After stopping the Hawks next possesion we ran 5 straight times before throwing an incomplete pass and punting. (We got conservative with the play calling IMO here) We had there D off balance when we opened this drive and should have tried to put them away. Seattle then drove the ball 91 yards knotting the score with the DJax TD.

Key plays here was the 15 yard completion on 3rd and 16 and the Hasselbeck run to pick up the 1st on 4th and 1.

Brunell's INT on the next drive was a bad pass plain and simple and I'm thinking here we go again......Our D did make a good recovery here not allowing Alexander to get off and forcing the missed FG. Would have been real easy to have a let down here and lose in the final seconds. (I'm not sure why we didn't use any TO's here with the assumtion he makes the kick.)

Moss's was open all day and sealed the deal with the 30 yard reception, but the 13 yard completion on 3rd and 10 earlier in the drive to me was the biggest play on this series combined with the Brunell scramble.

We won today because we didn't quit even when the breaks started going the other way. Completing 72% of our 3rd down conversions is the main reason we won today ladies and gents. The six point swing resulting from the blocked FG after 14 plays of ram it down your throat West Coast style played a huge factor as well.

My game ball goes to MB for all of those 3rd down conversions and overall play today. (I guess he can throw the intermediate routes afterall) Don't get me wrong we did not play 100% perfect today and have things we need to work on if we want to make the playoffs but a 3-0 start is a 3-0 start.

Not a single down from Lavar does raise my eyebrow but we all know about this on going drama so I'm not too surprised. (He's in GW doghouse from what I gather after refusing to attend punt coverage meetings)

There's my :2cents:

Go Skins!!!!

Archived