Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Sports FALCON SHIRT!

Hoosierskin

Well, I am a huge Joe Gibbs fan! I wish I had not bought a USA TODAY and saw his picture on 7C of the sports section. He was wearing a white shirt with an Atlanta Falcon logo. Beathard was standing next to him. It was the first football camp he had been to since the 1992 season. Then he said something I never thought possible!

It's kind of fun to be back in camp when I can get in the shade and not have to fake it and say, 'It's Falcons weather."

I know he will always be thought of as a Redskin, but I am still in shock after seeing the picture. It was like seeing Cal Ripken wearing a Yankee uniform! Thank God Gibbs was a Redskin! It was Beathard who hired Gibbs in 1980! I am in favor of the Redskins having a strong GM like Beathard used to be. Championships are built from the top down, hopefully Snyder, Mendes and Spurrier will be our new winning combination!

Jimmy Johnson moved onto Miami but will be remembered as a Cowboy.

Parcells too will always be a Giant.

Gibbs will always be a Redskin.

these guys can move on and take other jobs or become front office execs but they are defined by their greatest triumphs, not by where they ended.

Just look at Babe Ruth. :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know Joe Gibbs will always be remembered a Redskin. I am over the picture now!

It was just shocking. It would be like Q-Card showing a La Var picture knocking out Aikman one last time.

I know Joe will be rooting on the Skins this Saturday night against the 49ers! Hail!:cheers:

Archived