Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Got Carried Away! Hello everyone new to the Boards!!

Arnok Vanquish

Sorry, I just registered in September and rather than introducing myself, I jumped right in with the posts. My name is John, and I have been long time Skins fan since roughly 6th grade. Yes I watched Chris Hanburger and Jim Lachey and Dexter Manley and the Hogs and Darrell Green and Art Monk and John Riggins and Gerald Riggs and Terry Allen play all the glory games and would just like to let everyone know that although 10-6 seems very reasonable this year for our Skins, I will not hesitate to point out what we are NOT doing just as much as what we ARE doing when it comes to Joe Gibbs football. So at the moment after two games here is what I am feeling.

1) Last year after the season, Joe Gibbs went to Danny Smith and practically bowed to him and apologized for not giving him what he needs on special teams to be successful. THAT friends has changed. I fully expect our special teams to be VERY solid this year especially when it comes to allowing return td's. If anyone thinks this doesn't matter, tell that to Dick Vermiel and Dante Hall in KC.

2) Our O-line will be much improved with Jansen back and Rabach at center, and while others are hoping this translates in to better QB play, regardless of who is back there, I hope it translates into Portis having 12-13 Td's this year. That will in and of itself ensure our passing game is better.

3) With Lavar Arrington coming back healthy, Phillip Daniels coming back healthy, Matt Bowen coming back healthy and Sean Taylor having another year in Greg Williams defense, I fully expect our defense to be just as solid if not more solid when it comes to the #1 defensive statistic I only care about. Points scored against!

So I will say it again, I fully EXPECT 10-6 and depending on how well we do in our division, 11-5 does not seem a stretch by no sense of the imagination!

Hope to talk to alot of you throughout the year and looking forward to the road back to our annual playoff appearances as well as to our next few Super Bowls!!:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

• 2 months later...

Archived