Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Had to turn off the Philly/Oakland game ...

Brave

My children came in the room, and I was afraid they might see McNabb and Co. making love to Akers on live TV.

OK, in all seriousness, it was a gutsy move on Akers' part, to get back in there with an injury when they needed him. Could have put this season in jeapordy for himself, but gutsy none the less.

To be honest, I didn't find what Akers did all that impressive.

Really, it was a 22-yard FG. If we were talking about a 42-yard FG, THAT would be something. But, at that distance, if he could walk, he should be able to make that kick. It's the least a kicker can do. Lots of other players are out there playing in pain. It wouldn't look too good if he begged off the chance to help his team win the game.

This injury is going to linger until he rests it. One chip shot FG attempt wasn't going to substantially change that fact.

To be honest, I didn't find what Akers did all that impressive.

Really, it was a 22-yard FG. If we were talking about a 42-yard FG, THAT would be something. But, at that distance, if he could walk, he should be able to make that kick. It's the least a kicker can do. Lots of other players are out there playing in pain. It wouldn't look too good if he begged off the chance to help his team win the game.

This injury is going to linger until he rests it. One chip shot FG attempt wasn't going to substantially change that fact.

I guess you've never had a serious hamstring injury. If you havn't had that injury, its difficult to apreciate what Akers did today. Hamstring injuries are a funny thing, I fault the eagles trainer in letting Akers anywhere near the field today. The second a kicker is diagnosed with a hamstring injury he should be shut down for no less than 6 weeks.

I don't actually think I know more than an NFL trainer, but in my experience with the injury, people vastly underestimate its severity.

Akers was faking. He was playing possum for the cameras. Attention whore.

And how 'bout them ugly black uni's. What crackhead thought that black would match that molded cheese green the Eekles wear? Horrible. Not quite as ugly as the Turdbirds black uni's, but damn close.

According to Akers post game interview, he was fine during the week, and during pre-game. He just happened to mess it up on the first kickoff. He said he felt like he got shot. You could fault them for bringing him back after that, but from his own words, it sure sounded like he was ready to go when they made the decision to activate him.

I'm not even going to bother Ax.

Akers was faking. He was playing possum for the cameras. Attention whore.

And how 'bout them ugly black uni's. What crackhead thought that black would match that molded cheese green the Eekles wear? Horrible. Not quite as ugly as the Turdbirds black uni's, but damn close.

Maybe Akers has been taking attention whore lessons from owens.

Maybe Akers has been taking attention whore lessons from owens.

:laugh:

it even looked like he was crying. Talk about overdramatic.

Granted, Oakland has played some very tough teams (Philly, NE, and KC), but they look like a Norv Turner team. Missed FGs, crucial penalties, mental mistakes. Randy Moss can't be happy.

I guess you've never had a serious hamstring injury. If you havn't had that injury, its difficult to apreciate what Akers did today. Hamstring injuries are a funny thing, I fault the eagles trainer in letting Akers anywhere near the field today. The second a kicker is diagnosed with a hamstring injury he should be shut down for no less than 6 weeks.

I don't actually think I know more than an NFL trainer, but in my experience with the injury, people vastly underestimate its severity.

Still doesn't impress me.

Again, if he could walk out there, he could kick a 22-yard FG. It's not like he just hopped on one leg and kicked it.

If he couldn't do it, then he would have been an idiot and a bad teammate for telling them he could. He's not helping his team by sucking it up and attempting something he is physically incapable of doing. You think his teammates would have been admiring him for his courage if he had missed the kick and they had lost in OT? If so, I have a bridge to sell you.

I'm not downplaying the severity of the injury at all. I just don't think a professional PK who can walk under his own power making the equivalent of a layup is anything to write home about. He grimaced through the pain and made a chip shot. Big whoop!

Archived