Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why the Excuses?

Leon Phelps

Because some of us see the big picture, and realize that our offense is still atrocious. And now we know for sure that its the scheme holding us back, not the players. Gibbs better get this offense going because it's all on him now. If I get one more deja vu of last year, like i had for about 3 hours last night, I'm gonna go nuts.

The real "Big" picture is 2-0 baby. As for offense, the Cowboys were more underwhelming on "O" than the 'Skins. W/O the trick play, they had jack squat even with the great disparity in field position.

Maybe it took the 4th quarter to be Brunells inspiration to go to the deep pass, but I dont think its luck its CONFIDENCE once you realize you can do something and do it, come back and do it again it's not luck its CONFIDENCE. Lets not disrespect Moss and say he made 2 lucky grabs, or Brunell threw 2 lucky pass beacuse as stated before they both made plays like this before. If the 2 TD's happened 1st quarter will we still say those were LUCKY plays. I've heard nobody say the fleaflicker was a luck play on Dallas behalf only it was a good Parcells play. So I say nots mistake LUCK for CONFIDENCE no matter how long it took them to get it.

:cheers: :wavetowel :chestram:

Geez, what up with the pessimists? I think you have been accustomed to losing so much that you see everything half emtpy like the two grumpy old men on the muppets!

This was a good smash mouth defensive struggle. Does this mean we still suck? dunno..... Does it mean were going to the playoffs...dunno, its week two with lots of football left.

but its sure is a sweet friggen feeling to beat a Parcells coached Dallas, at home, on Monday Night, when Parcells is 77-0 when leading by 13 in the 4th quarter and when they induct the triplets into the Ring of Honor. Savor the victory into the bye week before you become synics (spelling?) again.

Can you even remember the last time we beat Dallas on Monday Night?

Enjoy it, discuss it over the watercooler at work, rub it on on friends who are cowboy fans or redskins haters.

Dare I say... "Hail to the Redskins".... for at least the next 13 days and no one can say we don't deserve it.

Nuff Said.

Agreed, Moss is the man, Brunell did great with his run for position and the 2 throws to Moss, hitting Thrash for the first down was crucial and pivotal as well. :D

However... The "Prevent Offense" scheme that the team was running for the frist 50 minutes of the game will not get them into the playoffs. I agree with someone earlier who said these were desperation plays. And yes it would be different if they had been scored earlier in the game. This showed that the play calling will stay too conservative until the last minute, when there is NO OTHER way to get points. The Scheme cannot be...lets score no points until there is just enought time to panic and rely on the big plays to win. A great example was the 3rd and 20, the play called was a receiver screen that lost a yard. C'mon 3rd and 20 and throw to a receiver behind the flat? :doh:

Don't get me wrong. I got goosebumps seeing the Skins win this one in Dallas on Mon Night. It was awesome, :point2sky but I was also disgusted for the first 3 hours of the game. :shot:

By the way it isn't ok that the O was bad just because the opposing O was bad too. The O needs to capatalize on the awesome play of the defense, not rely on it to save them from themselves.

Remember....Advantages are taken not handed out.

The ST hit was a thing of beauty :notworthy

Brunell to Jimmy Smith. It happened all the time. The Jags used to try it in the 1st quarter when it wasn't considered "desperation". They even did on 1st or 2nd down with conservative Coughlin as coach.

My back hurts today. I think it was from leaping out of a stuper from the couch into a full on disco dance of some kind in the middle of the night.

It was tough making plays either way if you noticed.

Dallas wasnt having a great game either offensively.

Remember the game was 13-0 in the 4th qtr.

Our defense outlasted theirs and our offense outlasted theirs.

This sums it up right here.

Dallas was not dominating. They were leading the whole game, and made a couple of plays offensively earlier in the game than the Redskins. Beyond those two long plays to Glenn, their offense had nothing. Bledsoe had the pretty rating, but produced very little and choked up with the game on the line.

The final score was indicative of the game - it was close and hard-fought. The Redskins just made the plays to win the game at the end, both offensively and defensively.

Archived