Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maske makes a fool of himself on Fox 5

wilbur58z

Don't know if anyone else saw this but Maske was just on Feldman and Matich's Redskins show on Fox 5 in a segment he apparently taped earlier this week. In it, he trashes the Redskins as much as possible. Unfortunately for him, the main method he used to accomplish this was by attempting to make the Bears look like the worst team in the history of the game of football in order to make the Redskins close victory over them look like a joke.

He called that victory a "given" because the Bears were so awful that any team could just put 9 GUYS on the field and still beat them handily. And he added that 3 of those guys could be himself, Matich, and Feldman. He said some other stuff about the Bears too which I can't remember, but it was clear he went a little overboard in his eagerness to make the Redskins look bad.

It's too bad for him that he taped this segment before today's Lions-Bears game. It would have been okay had he just said the Bears weren't a very good team, but he spent about 45 seconds going on about how bad the Bears were that he looked shockingly unprofessional and stupid, especially for a Post reporter that many have a lot of respect for. In fact, I'd say the venom he had for the Redskins easily surpassed anything Pasquarelli has said in the past...

how can you be mad at the media, listen to this board. Half the posters here hate the "admistration". There are no jingoists in the Redskin camp, trashing our team will appeal to a great number of locals. You will get the market of other teams fans in the area and "Redskin Fans" that want to appear objective.

I know it makes me a koolaid drinker, not smart, not worthy of being called a humanist, and just a sheep, but I always have 100% optimism for my team. My team above all others. I would stop listening to someone if they dissed my team, even if they were the most brilliant person. I shock my fantasy leagues every year when they learn that I will never draft a division rival, yet I still win alot. That doesnt mean that a tv show will get the ratings it needs if it just appeals to me, this areas market is wide and there are some Redskin fans and other team fans that like to hear the negitive and out right debasing of the Redskins. So I dont fault the guy for it, hes seizing a market.

how can you be mad at the media, listen to this board. Half the posters here hate the "admistration". There are no jingoists in the Redskin camp, trashing our team will appeal to a great number of locals. You will get the market of other teams fans in the area and "Redskin Fans" that want to appear objective.

I know it makes me a koolaid drinker, not smart, not worthy of being called a humanist, and just a sheep, but I always have 100% optimism for my team. My team above all others. I would stop listening to someone if they dissed my team, even if they were the most brilliant person. I shock my fantasy leagues every year when they learn that I will never draft a division rival, yet I still win alot. That doesnt mean that a tv show will get the ratings it needs if it just appeals to me, this areas market is wide and there are some Redskin fans and other team fans that like to hear the negitive and out right debasing of the Redskins. So I dont fault the guy for it, hes seizing a market.

At least here in this forum along with the negative, you also get the optimist's view. It's getting rarer to see it in the Washington papers..Perhaps justifiably to some, but not to me.

Preach on brother. You're the reason I come to extremeskins in the first place. Go SKINS. Have faith.

Archived