Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is how you defeat McNabb

Westbrook36

Yeah, Labinjo has some promise, but he is only a 2nd year UDFA. You can't expect him to be ready to have a considerable impact at this point in his career, and we all saw how the Simoneau experiment worked. :rolleyes:

Why not? What year was Pierce, Wilds, or Marshall? All were in year 1 when they got their 1st start.

Which of them found out they were starting their first game 15 minutes before showtime?

Is this an "EXCUSE?" Players know coming in that they are "1 play" away from being a starter if they are back ups. Its their job "TO BE READY" just in case. Philly is good. But not past the starters. Can we say that in NE? They lose a "Starter" and do not "Miss a beat." What exactly is Philly doing with aaaalll those draft picks? Wow!

Is this an "EXCUSE?" Players know coming in that they are "1 play" away from being a starter if they are back ups. Its their job "TO BE READY" just in case. Philly is good. But not past the starters. Can we say that in NE? They lose a "Starter" and do not "Miss a beat." What exactly is Philly doing with aaaalll those draft picks? Wow!

It's hard when you are an undrafted FA and haven't taken any snaps with the first team.

Seriously, you are being a moron to even suggest Philly doesn't have players fill in when others are injured. Koy Detmer and AJ Feeley for McNabb. In 03, our entire starting secondary was injured for the majority of the year and the young guys, including 2 undrafted FAs, filled in perfectly.

My contention is most players filling in take at least a weeks worth of practices with the first team and have some time to get ready vice being thrown in 15 minutes before the game.

It's hard when you are an undrafted FA and haven't taken any snaps with the first team.

Seriously, you are being a moron to even suggest Philly doesn't have players fill in when others are injured. Koy Detmer and AJ Feeley for McNabb. In 03, our entire starting secondary was injured for the majority of the year and the young guys, including 2 undrafted FAs, filled in perfectly.

My contention is most players filling in take at least a weeks worth of practices with the first team and have some time to get ready vice being thrown in 15 minutes before the game.

I'm being a "Moron" because "YOU" are on a Skins board making an excuse for a Philly loss? "Blame the 1st time starter." Yeah that's it! Just say "Philly lost." Forget the rest. To suggest that "IF" McNabb goes down now that there will be an adequate replacement "NOW" not 2003 is funny! Your season is done. I know it. You know it, and any football fan that has 2 working brain cells knows that too. Maybe so on the snaps, but enough with the excuses. Its either "You do" or "You don't." Rarely, especially in an injury sake, is that an excuse. When the Skins beat ATL. in '03 Vick didn't play. The win counted none-the-less.

Well, the defense looked superb, albeit, without Trotter. I think Dawkins showed why he is the best safety in the league not named Ed Reed.

I'm happy with giving up 14 points even though the pass defense was softened by the huge hole without having Trotter in the run game.

I'm NOT HAPPY with the fact the offense had the ball on the Atlanta side of the field about 5-6 times, down a TD, and couldn't do anything. Mental mistakes, turnovers, poor play, etc.

Also, TO didn't look like he was playing with his normal bravado.

All in all, the offense has a lot of questions to answer. The one trick pony of throwing every down to either Owens or Westy isn't going to work all year.

A couple of observations:

- Dawkins is indeed a stud and his pure coverage skills (meaning 1:1, not coming in over the top to clean somone's clock) were impressive.

- Your LG Hicks is an absolute dog. He was responsible for McNabb's hit plus at least 2-3 penalties, and so was definitely responsible by himself in large part for that loss. Those DT's for Atlanta are good, but he seemed absolutely clueless.

- Your offense doesn't use LJ Smith enough. I could see him being another Bubba Franks, snagging important 3rd down grabs and TD's. Given that the WR's consist of TO and "everyone else", I thought he'd explode without Chad Lewis there, but . . .

No way - that was a clean play 100% and I speak as a (very) former QB. I agree 100% they have to protect QBs - that means no head shots or diving at the knee. But this is not two hand touch it is the NFL and I for one do not want to see the NFL turned into a 7 on 7 league.

McNabb was poor no question - that lateral was just plain stupid. But I doubt you will hear much about it in the media, if that had been Ramsey he would have been slammed everywhere.

Thats why the NFL said that deserved a 15 yard penelty...

Archived