Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the NFL turning into the WWE

dreamingwolf

I have said in a snide manner that the NFL is the WWE when it comes to officiating, I was always doing it half jokingly. Tonight a good friend of mine called me, and he was ranting about the officiating. Not cause he was a raider fan, but cause the officiating was so bad.

He is a cowboy fan(I know that immediately discredits his football knowledge here), but his first love is the NBA. He made the connection of how Jordan was allowed to travel, as to how NFL officials choose certain teams to promote. His arguement(which I agree with) was that teams that have a loyal audiance are used to be losers, cause whether they win or lose those fans will be there. Oakland has a loyal fan base(such as ours), NE has no fan base. The only reason they have a draw now is cause they are winning, they go on a dump and they are finnished. Look at chomo, he claims he was a skins fan they started sucking so he went for a winner.

The owner of the WWE has proved that an orcestrated sport can and does bring in viewers. Now imagine this, its not commonly acknowledged that the NFL is like the WWE so a marriage with bookies could generate tremendous under the table profits.

I agree with my friend, but I remain in denial cause I have such a passion for football. It is painfull to me to see such bad officiating, and that officiating leading to the outcome of games. I understand the concept of you have to beat the refs, but still sometimes it forces me to challenge my denial.

Every team gets bad calls. The good ones are good enough to overcome them. Thats why they are the good teams. As for the bad ones. Thats why they have excuses. They need everything to go perfectly for them to scratch out a win.

Yeah your right, a good team should be able to win dispite the refs. My friend knows that officiating pisses me off, and probably called durring the opener to rile me up.

Archived