Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andy Reid: Has he studied clock managment for the upcoming season

tr1

I think it would be a shame for that tremdously talented Eagles team to be bitten by the 'time-mangment issue' again this season...especially in the playoffs or Super Bowl.

Perhaps a no-huddle offense has been practiced rigorously this spring and during training camp. Anyone have any news on progress by the Eagles with time managment? Have they made it a priority?

Are we forgetting that it was Gibbs, not Andy Reid, who struggled with clock management and replay challenges all of last season?

Aren't those distinctly the things that you boys are counting on Gibbs improving upon in his second season?

Once again, lets not let facts get in the way of a chance to bash the Eagles. Its funny, you'd think the Eagles were the ones who havn't beaten the Skins in the past 3 seasons the way tr talks around here.

But seriously, since the SB debacle, has anyone heard about a change of philosophy for the 2 minute drill? Are they going to use no-huddle?

to answer your question, since you are talking football here, I have heard of no changes per se. The Eagles have run the 2 minute drill in the past. Fairly effectivly on a few ocassions I might add. One that comes to mind first b/c I was there, was the playoff game vs. GB, the 4th and 26 game. They got the ball on their 20 w/ just over 2 minutes to go and were down by 3.... They got down and got their FG to send it to OT.

As for the SB debacle... they have been somewhat tight lipped as to what was going on at the end of the SB. My opinion is that it was more a factor of what McNabb was physically able to to at that point in time and less that they just refused to go no huddle...

My guess is that they are all very well aware of how that went and the need to do things very differently if that situation presents itself again in a game.

I don't really blame Donovan or anyone for that. Donovan had to throw 50+ times against the patriots because they couldn't run the ball. Even with Westbrooks meaningless 40 yarder on the last play of the 2nd quarter, the rushing yards per play weren't that great. The eagles got beat. Aren't the Pats supposed to be a dinesty?

Archived