Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantast Football Tibit...

NYSkins23

"** The Sun-times reports Bears GM Jerry Angelo confirmed he will be watching the waiver wire to see which veteran quarterbacks become available. Right now rookie QB Kyle Orton is the starter with Jeff Blake backing him up. The plan all summer had been to start Rex Grossman (broken ankle) with Chad Hutchinson (just released) backing him up, and that’s how all the reps were distributed while implementing a brand new offense under OC Ron Turner. "I'm not going to sit here and tell you I feel great about our quarterback situation,'' said Angelo. You can't play around the quarterback.'' Fantasy translation: The Redskins defense is going to have an absolute field day in their homer opener on Sept. 11."

http://draftsharks.com/index.cfm?zone=emailarchive&nav=978

You never underestimate people, especially in the NFL. Bears D is not a joke. They have confidence in their unit, just like we do with ours. Bears defense alone could win some games for them.

We, Ramsey in particular, need to pay attention in the details, like turnover and penalty. Otherwise, they might get a last laugh.

if any book gives a spread past 3 against the skins dump all your savings on it, but I probably wouldnt take any bet of the skins winning by more than 3. This will be a brutal slug fest, to big time D's fighting for field position.

Although, if our O can open some holes in their D and make some early scores we could possibly beat a 10 spread. Against a team like the Bears I would expect a conservitive offense conserving field position, and I would expect the same from the Bears. I expect alot of tv timeouts at the game to maintain the programming length, lots of runs and lots of high percentage throws from both teams.

Even say if we got a turnover inside the 30 of the Bears, I would say we would still run and high percentage short pass and settle for the field goal. I know its not what we want to see, we want to see them light them up but the way I see it is by the match up. If they had the D they have and a threatening offense, I would say you have to hit the endzone at every chance. Till they prove their offense different, we would be wise to just conserve field position and take endzone stabs once we have a lead for a sealer.

To me when your playing a major defense/poor offense its best to not force anything, and to just go smash mouth and secure the win. Theres no reason to push it against a poor O/good D team unless your a good O/poor D team, and we are not that.

Archived