Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spurrier on Ramsey/Camp

Brave

This is from my local paper this morning.

On Ramsey:

"He would be way behind if he's not here very quickly. Patrick had made some nice progress, but those contract negotiations, we leave to those other people."

On going away to camp:

"I don't understand the improtance of getting away, to tell you the truth."

"But this is the way it's been done a long time and we're happy to do it this way this year. Shoot, maybe this is the way to go. Who knows? It's just been my experience in the past has been staying in your own beds had been just as productive as geting away."

On who would start the preseason game vs. Pittsburgh:

"Maybe flip a coin."

Doesn't a flip of a coin start EVERY game?

Oh, wait, that said.."who" would start. Sorry. Having a blonde moment.

Since Double S said that about going away to camp, this very well might be the last year. It will probably depend on how productive he thinks this camp is.

How long do all of you think Ramsey will hold out?

;)

Blondie

I think Ramsey will be signed by this evening. He knows that he's killing his chances at starting, which is killing his chances of a decent contract. I expect to see him in camp tomorrow.

Man, if they bring training camp back to Redskins' Park, I'm totally taking my vacation during this week next year and going every day.

I heard Spurrier saying the same thing about camp at Carlisle on Channel 7 last night. This could be the end of training camps at Carlisle. Well, I didn't go to "Dannyland", only heard about it, but if it is at Redskins Park or near by I will go. It don't matter to me, it is about the same distance to drive to Redskins park as it is for me to drive to Carlisle, PA. Except for the traffic.

The Post said that if the team holds camp at Redskins Park, it will most likely be closed to the public (I imagine for logistical reasons). Too bad, I'd probably go every day.

They would hold some public practices at FedEx field, though.

Archived