Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider: Chat with NFL Insider Jeremy Green

bubba9497

Chat with NFL Insider Jeremy Green

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=9022

Green, who most recently wrote about players on the verge of breakout seasons, is a former NFL scout and director of pro personnel for the Cleveland Browns. He started as an area scout for the San Francisco 49ers in 1998 and '99 before heading to Cleveland and is the son of former Vikings coach Dennis Green.

Jeremy brings a unique "inside" perspective to what's going on around the league's training camps this month.

Green will start firing off answers at 3 p.m. ET on Monday, but you can beat the rush and start sending questions now!

Buzzmaster: Jeremy Green, ESPN.com's newest NFL Insider, is up next to take your questions on pro football. Green brings a unique perspective to those preseason queries, having served as an NFL scout and director of pro personnel for the Cleveland Browns. He'll be here soon, so send in those questions!

Jeremy Green: Hi everyone, I am glad to be here today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin (Indiana): As a bears fan, I've always supported whoever our QB is. But I'm really struggling to support Chad Hutchinson. Is he really the best available QB on the bears roster? If so, how did management allow that to happen?

Jeremy Green: Currently Hutchinson is the best option for the Bears. Kyle Orton is the best healthy QB currently on their roster and I would expect if Hutchinson struggles, he will be the guy they go to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam P (NY, NY): With a backfield of Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, do you see Miami's running game being something that could put a couple of wins in the standings for the Dolphins?

Jeremy Green: The Dolphins defintely have a potent runnning game and that will be the backbone of their offense. I would like to see them get both of these players on the field at the same time and I think that will help Miami win games this season

Phil Collins (Youngstown, OH): How do you see Heath Miller fitting in to the Steelers system, which usually ignores tight ends?

Jeremy Green: Heath Miller will be a great addition for the Steelers. He is a player with excellent hands and solid speed. I expect him to post 30+ catches for the Steelers this season

Ralph: With New England trading for WR Davis today what does that say about Terrell's future with the team?

Jeremy Green: I think it says a few things. It says that they are not excited about Bethel Johnson being on pup and it says they are not happy wth David Terrell. If Davis can adapt quickly to their system, he has a chance to be a vertical threat in their passing offense.

Tim Reilly (Battle Creek MI): Joey Harrington has reached the season in which he's supposed to break out, your thoughts on joey and the overall success of the lions?

Jeremy Green: I think it is now apparent that this is Harringtons team, as McMahon is now gone and Garcis has been shaky in the preseason. Harrington is a smart QB, that needs to develop more of a "snadlot" mentality with the receivers he has. Right now he is a QB that struggles if the play does not go exactly as scripted. I like the Lions to finish 2nd in the NFC North this season behind Minnesota.

Daniel (Greenville, NC): Welcome to sportsnation Jeremy, I look forward to reading your work.

Jeremy Green: Thanks, I am happy to be here and look forward to many more chats during the season.

Dan(Chicago): Is there any chance the Cowboys can win the NFC East?

Jeremy Green: You can hope, but I still believe the Eagles are still the team to beat. Their defense is still young in too many key areas, and Beldsoe while being an upgrade, has lost the magic to be a consistent starter in the NFL.

Y Feldstein (Stamford,CT): who do you think will win the NFC West and am I crazy for picking Arizona?

Jeremy Green: I think the Cardinals have as good a shot as anyone in that divison. With the addition of Warner, the Cardinals are the most balanced team in the Division and my pick to win the NFC West.

Avant (Panama City): With Travis Henrys turf toe, and Chris Browns glass jaw, could we see Walter Paytons son Jarret get some carries this year in Tenn?

Jeremy Green: Regardless of the status of Henry or Brown, Payton shoulkd see some spot duty. He was one of the most impressive players in NFL Europe this season and has a bright NFL future.

Brady (St. Paul): How does the Andre Davis trade say that the Pats don't trust Terrell? I understand the Bethel Johnson argument but with Givens, Branch, Brown, Dwight, Graham, Watson, Fauria, it seems like they already may have too many to spread the ball around to. I think its a case of the NFL's deepest team just getting deeper, allowing more room for error in terms of injuries this season.

Jeremy Green: Agree. Nobody in the NFL sees the big picture like the Patriots. If Andre Davis sits on the bench for 16 weeks but plays in the playoffs due to injury, the Patriots will feel like it was worth it.

David - Orange,Ca.: Who is gone next year - Rivers or brees?

Jeremy Green: I think it will be Brees becasue they have already invesated so much guaranteed money to Rivers. Brees wil get too much money in the open market after this season.

Avant (Panama City): By saying Jarret Payton has a bright NFL future, do you mean a solid starter? Also any chance of Ricky Williams being traded this season?

Jeremy Green: I'm saying he has a chance to be a contributing backup - only time will tell if he can be more as he develops. As for Williams being traded it will depend how desparate the team tradinf for him is.

Robert (Sterling, Va): Who will be the starting RB in Denver? I've seen Mike Anderson getting a lot of carries in preseason. Also, who will start at RB for Cleveland?

Jeremy Green: I beleive Mike Anderson will be the guy to start the season in Denver, but eventually will give way to Tatum Bell who is one of them ore explosive young runners in the NFL. Right now the man in Clevleand is WIlliam Green due to Suggs injury. Green has looked better this preseason than any time in his NFL career.

CG (NYC): Who is the best back-up option for the G-Men?

Jeremy Green: Right now it is Hasselbeck. Palmer is not a capable NFL starter, and Hasselbeck was decent at times with the Redskins in that he knows how to manage a game.

JOSH (DC): Mr. Green can you please answer a Giants question? How about your opinions on Brandon Jacobs and the G-Men's overall chances this year.

Jeremy Green: Brandon Jacobs is big powerful brusing runner that has a chance to be a very good change of pace runner behind Barber. I would expect him to get touches early this season in SY and Goaline situations before expanding his role as the season goes on. As for the Giantsm, the QB position with or without Eli will keep them below .500 this season.

Eagles Fan (Philadelphia, Pa): Who is the second best team in the NFC behind the Eagles

Jeremy Green: Minnesota. They are still explosive on offesne minus Moss and Vikings fans will be hapy to know that they have finally figured out they need to run the ball more to win. I also like the Vikings additions on defense.

D (ST. LOUIS): You said Green as RB in Cleveland what happened to Rueben Droughns?

Jeremy Green: He's still there but despite his success as a starter in Denver last season, I beleive he is better suited as moire of a role or spot player.

Jake (Sidney, OH): Are the Bengals for real?

Jeremy Green: I think the Bengals are for real. For them it wll come down to being able to run the ball and stop the run. Plamer is much improved and their defense has had a season to mature.

Archived