Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thoughts

D'Pablo

To tell the truth, I'm sick of the Ramsey/Brunell/Campbell debate. I miss Stephen Davis. When he was around, it didn't matter as much who our QB was because we knew who was gonna get 20+ touches a game. I liked it when we played Marty ball and stampeded teams to death. There was less chance for failure in that and it was fantastic to see the defense wear down. Don't get me wrong, I love Portis, but I miss having a starter that liked to punish defenders. I'm absolutely sick of searching for a homerun threat every year, whether it be a QB, WR, TE, or RB. While watching Nemo over these past two games, I've realized just how much I miss that bruising feature back. Man it's been fun watching Nemo.

Originally posted by D'Pablo

To tell the truth, I'm sick of the Ramsey/Brunell/Campbell debate. I miss Stephen Davis. When he was around, it didn't matter as much who our QB was because we knew who was gonna get 20+ touches a game. I liked it when we played Marty ball and stampeded teams to death. There was less chance for failure in that and it was fantastic to see the defense wear down. Don't get me wrong, I love Portis, but I miss having a starter that liked to punish defenders. I'm absolutely sick of searching for a homerun threat every year, whether it be a QB, WR, TE, or RB. While watching Nemo over these past two games, I've realized just how much I miss that bruising feature back. Man it's been fun watching Nemo.

I think we'll have something similar this year, although Portis is not the same style back as Davis (obviously). Did you see the push the O-line was getting tonight? They might not be the hogs, but they are looking SHARP.

Archived