Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2006 draft picks?

LoGiK

Originally posted by LoGiK

did that deal with getting Portis? giving up ****ing 1st and 4th picks?

no to get Portis we gave up Bailey and 2005's 2nd round pick. To move up to get Campbell, we gave our 2005's 3rd round and 2006's 1st and 4th round picks. Pretty stupid I think.

If campbell is good it will be totally worth it. Face it, we're not going to have the 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall pick in the draft. What does that mean? That means we can't get leinart. So, instead, we drafted a top QB this year so he will be ready to PLAY next year, and we won't have some rookie qb we were forced to pick because we didn't have a choice but to draft QB. And lets face it, if we aren't good this year we would have had to draft a QB anyway. This theory assumes ramsey is not successful, but even if he is, odds are we will trade him or not resign him, and we'll still need campbell in the future.

Originally posted by KingTaylor21

no to get Portis we gave up Bailey and 2005's 2nd round pick. To move up to get Campbell, we gave our 2005's 3rd round and 2006's 1st and 4th round picks. Pretty stupid I think.

We gave up 2004's 2nd rounder to get Portis, along with Bailey. We gave up 2004's 3rd roudner for Brunell (lets not talk about that one). I think the 5th rounder for 2005 went to the Eagles for James Thrash or something like that. Either way, we then traded our 2nd rounder for 2005 to get a 3rd rounder back in 2004 for Cooley.

To get Campbell, yeh we gave those picks for him. If he pans out well for us though, then I got no problem with it. We may have done well with the rest of our 2005 draft anyways with Nemo, McCune, and White (not sure of Newberry yet).

My speculation for the '06 draft is, Denver might package its 2 first round picks (and maybe along with a a second, (to make it more appealing) to the #1 overall holder (let's say, San Francisco) for the first selection and then grab Leinert.

If the Niners ended up on top of the draft again, which is possible, they would trade down their #1 pick in a heartbeat for anyone who wants Leinert.

Originally posted by RedskinzOwnU

If campbell is good it will be totally worth it. Face it, we're not going to have the 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall pick in the draft. What does that mean? That means we can't get leinart. So, instead, we drafted a top QB this year so he will be ready to PLAY next year, and we won't have some rookie qb we were forced to pick because we didn't have a choice but to draft QB. And lets face it, if we aren't good this year we would have had to draft a QB anyway. This theory assumes ramsey is not successful, but even if he is, odds are we will trade him or not resign him, and we'll still need campbell in the future.

I agree all the way, I also think we trade Ramsey, stud year or not this upcoming offseason.

Archived