Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana Moss:

LoGiK

Im just mad because we could have Moss and Coles right now, because back in the 2000 or 2001 draft they used the 15th pick on gardner and not Moss...we could have got coles from jets and already had moss....Damn

I wanted Gardner, too, during that draft. You have to keep in mind that Westbrook was probably on his way out, and we needed a big target. So, at the time, Gardner fit the need and seemed like a good prospect coming out of college. And he did play well at least for a couple of seasons, so he didn't seem like a bust for the team at first. Also, for Marty's system, especially the WCO, a big target was an asset.

It's too easy to look back with hindsight unless you remember why Gardner was drafted.

But hey, maybe everything happens for a reason. We have Moss, and Gardner is gone; we just have to look towards the future.

Originally posted by LoGiK

Im just mad because we could have Moss and Coles right now, because back in the 2000 or 2001 draft they used the 15th pick on gardner and not Moss...we could have got coles from jets and already had moss....Damn

Who's to say that if we would have picked Moss back then that he wouldn't have developed a piss poor attitude by now?

I believe that what happened, happened for a reason. I'm happy with the Moss pick up and am hoping for good things in the future from this player.

Originally posted by Brown 43

Moss was picked just before us??? I know Redskins wanted Moss really bad!

Wrong, Moss was on the board and Dan Snyder wanted Moss, but Schottenheimer wanted a bigger receiver. Moss was picked right after us.

Archived