Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Updated computer help needed

Mr. S

some of you helped a little in this thread, but I have it more narrowed, or broadened now:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107225

Anywyas, the update is this: I bought 2 of these dvd players at the time, one installed in my other dell computer works fine. I actually decided to switch the 2 players, put the "broken" one in my old dell, put the "good" one in my new comp. Well, the broken one still works, the "good" one does not in my new comp. Im guessing it is a windows problem, yet I have been on top of all updates. Anyone have any ideas?

Still using PowerDVD 5 and AVG Anti-virus. Any ideas would be great, thanks!

yes, I called the company, and they told me to check device manager, anyways, I have 2 that show up under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, one is NVIDIA nForce3 Parallel ATA Controller (v2.6), and the othe ris the same only a Serial ATA Controller. ANyways, I double click on parallel ata controller, the guy tells me to go to the primary channel tab, and then it was on PIO Mode, and he told me to put it on Ultra DMA 1, and that was all.

Thing is, sometimes it reverts back to PIO Mode on its own, depending on some dvds. All these dvds work with my "broken" dvd burner downstairs, so Im still confused.

Archived