Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russ Parr(sp?) show bashes Skins

Kenny

Originally posted by Smootylicious

Look guys, the nation hates our team. It's been that way ever since Jack Kent Cooke expired. Many, many commentators are ex-players who awake soaked in sweat and screaming with "HTTR" jangling in their ears, shivering at the image of Joe Gobbs' good ol' boy smile and dork glasses. Couple that with the fact that for some reason - not sure why - most sports writers are curmudgonely old farts who love to bash far more than they do to edify. Nothing we say or do will change the fact that if SOS succeeds, they will be knocking one another over to fellate him until he stumbles, at which time they'll say "We knew it wouldn't last". And should he stumble out of the blocks, it'll be a pigpile.

Here's my suggestion: one of the moderators puts up a "Let Them Eat Crow" sticky in the Fedex forum. When one of our faithful come across a particularly sneery and mean-spirited potshot, submit the text to the thread. Then, should we be so fortunate to have a successful season, we can send each of them a dead crow to eat. Works for me.

illus7.jpeg

Great post, Smoot. Very pithy.

I can't comment on the DC-area radio idiots, but you guys have it wrong about what the media's party line will be if we win. It won't be that we were talented after all. It will be that Marvin Lewis and his defense saved Spurrier's arse.

Archived