Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DVD-RW Software

Phat Hog

Any suggestion on DVD burning software? I'm using ROXIO now and have had so damn many problems with it I think it's time to move on. Normally I'll dump videos or stuff from my camcorder, so It will have to have edit capability. Any help is appreciated!

Oh, and I don't want to spend 48 hours learning how to use it... :D

not wanting to steal the thread, but does anyone know a good brand of dvd burner? I see a lot on newegg under 60$ for an oem product, from brands like Sony and NEC. I think most of them come with Nero or something, but I dont want a crappy burner with crappy software.

Originally posted by Phat Hog

Any suggestion on DVD burning software? I'm using ROXIO now and have had so damn many problems with it I think it's time to move on. Normally I'll dump videos or stuff from my camcorder, so It will have to have edit capability. Any help is appreciated!

Oh, and I don't want to spend 48 hours learning how to use it... :D

I use Nero and don't have any problems whatsoever. I "borrowed" a copy from my brother, but I think the full suite will run you about $100.

Actually, I just checked their site and you can purchase Nero 6 Ultra Edition - Version 6.6 online for $79.99.

http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html

Originally posted by Mr. S

not wanting to steal the thread, but does anyone know a good brand of dvd burner? I see a lot on newegg under 60$ for an oem product, from brands like Sony and NEC. I think most of them come with Nero or something, but I dont want a crappy burner with crappy software.

I recently bought a Plextor PX-708A, so far it has performed quite nicely, however it comes bundled with Roxio which I'm not a big fan of. So if you do go with Plextor make sure to get a copy of Nero or some other authoring suite.

You should check out CNET.com and take a look of the reviews for DVD burners. I research all of my electronic products there before I buy anything.

I got the NEC burner off newegg. It was about $60 a year ago. Probably much cheaper now. Works like a charm. Never had a bad burn on it. It doesn't come with Nero though. At least mine didn't.

In terms of burning software, Nero is probably the best. It's easy to use. Not sure of video editing capabilities since I don't use it for that. (Use a stand alone DVD player for that).

Archived