Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

are we really interested in l/ schulters?

dchief wyhoo

My thoughts on the safety situation and an explaination for the McQuarter's/Hall/Dixon/Shulters (translation = why we are looking for safeties) . . . .

Prioleau and Clark are SS's. Both are solid but if they have a weakness, it is range/coverage skills.

Bowen also is a SS. Has anyone else seen footage of Bowen on the field this spring. I love the guy, and the coaches are saying he's back and they have to hold him back cause he's such a tough guy . . . but he DOES NOT look 100% at all. He is noticably not running normally or full speed. It's not his fault, but from my perspective, he's just not back yet from the ACL. Take a look at the OTA/minicamp video and let me know if you agree.

Lott is a FS and other than ST, is the only safety on the roster with enough range to be a "center fielder." He's out for at least a month with what sounds like a tibial plateau fracture.

Dixon is a SS who is at this point a body b/c we only have 3 healthy/not on trial safeties.

Sean Taylor's range as a center fielder is HUGE for GW's blitzing defense. Without him, or at least some other FS-type with range, our corners are very vulnerable.

Summary . . . ST's court appearance on Friday will dictate a lot of our strategy at safety. If the charges are dropped, or he pleads down to just misdemeanors --> I think we stand pat with what we have. If they motion to go trial or ST's status is still uncertain --> look for us to get serious about Schulters.

Lott's recover is realy 6 to 8 weeks of doing pretty much nothing. Right now he is on crutches. That means he well be rehabing during training camp, and not partaking in all the drills. Prioleau is a midget and Bowen has replacement parts in his knee. Who knows when Taylor will be available, what shape, physically and mentally he will be in, or when he will get into some kind of trouble again. Other than that, we're fine!

Archived