Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danny White Story.......

danbee

This past weekend I was at Arenabowl XIX in Las Vegas. As I was returning to my seat after getting a beer, I spotted Danny White the head coach of the Utah Arena league team and former Cowboys QB as you all know.

Decked out in my Redskins Hat and Jersey I said Danny it's going to kill me to do this but I would like to shake your hand. He gladly put it out there and as I was shaking his hand I said, you have to admit Dexter Manley used to get you good (edited for ES purposes) he laughed and said yes he did.

I hate to admit it but Danny White was cool guy to meet. Any former Cowboy willing to shake hands with and take crap from a drunk Redskins fan can't be all that bad.

I said Danny it's going to kill me to do this but I would like to shake your hand.

He gladly put it out there and as I was shaking his hand I said, you have to admit Dexter Manley used to get you good (edited for ES purposes) he laughed and said yes he did.

i don't know what's worse...you busting his b@ll$ while you shake his hand or White letting you.

i understand he's a former cowboy, but you coulda been a lil more cordial.

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

i don't know what's worse...you busting his b@ll$ while you shake his hand or White letting you.

i understand he's a former cowboy, but you coulda been a lil more cordial.

He laughed and took it in stride I wasn't disrepectful at all.

I have met Roger Staubach. I told him I hated him growing up being a diehard Redskin fan, but that I always respected him and certainly feared him with 2:00 minutes to play. I asked him who was the greatest athlete he had ever played with? He reminded me that he was a fair athlete himself--hitting over .300 with the Navy baseball team and that he played with many great athletes--Bob Hayes, Tony Dorsett, Randy White, Drew Pearson, etc. But he said he had never been in awe of a player like he was in watching a young rookie (at the time). His name: Bo Jackson!

Archived