Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever heard boxing on radio?

gridironmike

I'm not talking about classic bouts. Is there anywhere that you've heard a live championship bout in the last few years? I've never heard one on ESPN Radio. I just wondered if there is a national syndicator similar to Westwood One that routinely offers fights.

I know some of you will say what is the point, and I watch sports as much as I can, but I also enjoy sports radio. Just when Redskins Radio became readily available with satellite radio, they put Larry Michael on in Frank herzogs place. :puke: I really enjoy Vin Scully on the Dodgers broadcasts (MLB on XM) and also like to listen in on the Nats.

i really wasn't looking for it and found them by accident. they weren't big name fights, but i'm not well versed on who's who in boxing. they were definately spanish stations b/c the commericals were all spanish, but the commentary was all english as if it was a feed from a larger affiliate.

it was a while ago, so i can't give you any more specific info except i was driving through baltimore washington area late in the AM. late at night you can pick up NY, OHIO, and NJ stations...so i don't know if it helps.

are you trying to catch the tyson fight?

No (not trying to catch Tyson). I'm searching for any broadcast services that offer boxing. I just figured that Westwood One or another similar company offered championship bouts on radio. Maybe there is an obscure company doing it. I'll keep searching. Thanks.

Archived