Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My op. on PFW 2005 Skins Prediction

Weird,

That's all I can say (yes, there is at least another thread about this, but I am discussing my view on this) since the PFW predicted a 5-11 record for us (in their 2005 preview):

But let's take a look at their grades for the Skins:

QB- C+

RB- B+

WR- C+

OL- B+

DL- B-

LB- B

DB- B

ST- B

Not too shabby, really:

Plus they said some nice things about Portis and that the Redskins are only improving.

Anyway, it's still too early to guess where anything will go in 2005, but I wouldn't take their 5-11 pick too heart.

BTW: PFW picks Philly v Indy in the SB with Philly winning.

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

I'd like to know how our whole defense rates a B when we were the best defense in the NFC last season?

PFW gave Pittsburgh (#1 overall D)

the following grades:

DL- B+

LB- A-

DB-B-

we got

B-, B, B

Philly: A-,B,A

Dallas: B+,B-,B-

NYG: C+,B,C+

Buffalo (#2/#3 D)

B-, B+, A-

Yawn.

These preseason grades are pretty meaningless.

I would love someone to dig out some of the various preseason grades of Pittsburgh or San Diego before last season. Or of the Patriots before the '01 season. Or of the Rams before the '99 season.

That might help keep things in perspective.

Originally posted by GURU

Yawn.

These preseason grades are pretty meaningless.

I would love someone to dig out some of the various preseason grades of Pittsburgh or San Diego before last season. Or of the Patriots before the '01 season. Or of the Rams before the '99 season.

That might help keep things in perspective.

If memory serves correctly,

PFW 2004 preview had Pittsburgh 4th place in AFCN with a 4-12 record.

Again,

I don't take the record predictions too seriously, but it's just something to read football-wise until August gets here.

Originally posted by goskins

Weird,

That's all I can say (yes, there is at least another thread about this, but I am discussing my view on this) since the PFW predicted a 5-11 record for us (in their 2005 preview):

But let's take a look at their grades for the Skins:

QB- C+

RB- B+

WR- C+

OL- B+

DL- B-

LB- B

DB- B

ST- B

Not too shabby, really:

Plus they said some nice things about Portis and that the Redskins are only improving.

Anyway, it's still too early to guess where anything will go in 2005, but I wouldn't take their 5-11 pick too heart.

BTW: PFW picks Philly v Indy in the SB with Philly winning.

How can they say were "only improving" on one hand then turn around and say were 1 game less than last season?

:doh:

well, if anything our Dcoordinator gets a freakin A+ for being the best in the league. And c'mon, we have 2 of the top 5 OLB in the league, we should at least have a B+ there, and we have a top 5 CB, and a top 5 Safety, should be another B+.

Originally posted by mookie0720

We're probably lower than them because we lost our starting CB and MLB....what did Pitt/Buf lose?

Looking....Let's see:

Pittsburgh: LB K. Bell, CB C. Scott, DT K. Clancy (Lost)

No big pickups (2 D draft picks)

- no big starting losses really (Bell maybe, but Scott had lost his job)

Buffalo: Pat Willams DT, Pierson Prioleau S

Williams may big a somewhat big loss, but really no big loss either.

Originally posted by buckeyeG

How can they say were "only improving" on one hand then turn around and say were 1 game less than last season?

:doh:

They can say that if they believe other teams have improved more and/or the Skins have a tougher schedule than last year.

What's so hard about that?

Archived