Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Today's Game??

bayougator

A week is not really enough time to do everything, plus the lag starts to get to ya after awhile. Like I said, if you come to Honolulu, drop me a line. Tons to do there as well, but they stick it to tourist (price-wise) big time. You have to get away from the city to see the real island.

Bayou, I hate to sound like this, but could you have your bro suggest that the rest of the team get in as good as shape as him?

With a busted foot, shoulder, hand and other injuries, why is it that he could play hard as hell to the end, but most of our other players can't?

I question the conditioning efforts of the rest of this team. Namely the defense.

You really think man? It seems like toughness + conditioning + heart = Pat,

Lack of all the afforementioned = the Skins defense.

To see guys grasping their sides and huffing all the times seems odd to me. They play hard and then midway through the 3rd start giving up.

Now I don't have the knowledge to make such a speculation but I guess I am doing it anyway because I am pissed.

But hey. You said it and I ai'nt gonna deny it.

Hope you are at least an LSU fan. You then have something to keep rooting for this year bud.....

They are breathing hard because they are on the field the whole night!

Not a LSU fan. But they are a LA school and I know a few of the defensive starters. I cheer for them.

I coached them in little league baseball when I was in col. Man you talk about making you feel old.

Originally posted by Sarge

We should have shot him. But.....if it were me I'd send him to Isreal:D

Hey hey! Got enough loonies here as it is!

(BTW - don't you think he looked a lot like Walter Mathau?...)

Football is not a game of endurance(sp). They are not marathon runners. It is a game of recovery. It doesn't matter how long they run, but if they can runn at top speed the next play or series. If it takes the hunching over and gasping for oxygen to replenish their body quicker then so be it!

I am so tired of these anouncers making a big deal about heavy breathing.

They are not out there to look cool.

At least most of them! Did yall see Joe Horne tonight?

Originally posted by bayougator

Football is not a game of endurance(sp). They are not marathon runners. It is a game of recovery. It doesn't matter how long they run, but if they can runn at top speed the next play or series. If it takes the hunching over and gasping for oxygen to replenish their body quicker then so be it!

I am so tired of these anouncers making a big deal about heavy breathing.

They are not out there to look cool.

At least most of them! Did yall see Joe Horne tonight?

Did announcers get on the guys for that? I never heard the game. Just watched it at a bar down here. They had Oakland on the overhead....:rolleyes:

I dunno. I would tend to agree with them in that case. My limited experience in football (high school and 1 year in college-DI-AA, never made the traveling team) was that better conditioning gave you the ability to play harder than your opponent in the 4th. It also gave you somewhat of an ability to withstand minor injury.

Maybe this is all my opinion that I am taking way to far to heart, but I still won't deny your point of view Bayou.

I'll leave it at that.....:cheers:

Archived