Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Today's Game??

bayougator

Guys,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have an honest question.

For those of you that watched the game, and I know all of you did:

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?!?!?!

I didn't get to watch today. I know! I know! I had a prior engagement that I couldn't get out of.

I saw the "LOWLIGHTS" on sportscenter, but I want to hear from yall.

I knew it was going to be bad when the first shot showed everyone in the huddle and everyone was soaked in mud and LC's jersey was white as snow.

Honestly what did yall see?

Bayougator

Tim Hasselbeck constantly willing and able to find the open defender, if and when he wasn't sailing a pass out of bounds.

A defensive line wearing their matador outfits and waving red capes.

A coaching staff staring at the field like they were Kalahari bushmen attempting figure out particle physics.

Rock Cartwright running hard and then being shelved early in the 2nd half.

Boneheaded mistakes by Rod Gardner, Chad Morton, and a variety of other sundry personnel.

Troy Hambrick being made to look like Jim Brown by a defense that couldn't stop a crawling baby.

-s

Both teams struggled to move the ball because of the weather, although Dallas moved it well on their first drive. Hasselbeck was off, very off. Rock was running well in the second quarter, but surprisingly SOS decided to pitch it around at the worst possible time. It all fell apart from there. Tell your bro we're thinking about him.

Originally posted by bayougator

I thought Rock had like 90 yrds?

He did, but the bulk of those yards occured in the first half. A certain OBC decided that even though Hasselbeck looked like Babe Laufenberg's retarded Uncle (you know, the one that gets drunk and grabs your mom's ass at Thanksgiving) he was going to go long.

Sound idea, that!

-s

The running game was okay today, had it been coupled with a below average passing game, we probably would have won today.

However, regardless of what you may hear from some posters, rock was not about to take the game into his hands and win it singlehandedly only to have spurrier take it from his arms.

Hasselbeck was the QB every team in the league before the skins saw him to be before these few games. It was only a matter of time before someone caught on to his style.

In today's NFL you cannot win without good QB play, and we did not have it today. Dallas did.

I hope for our sake that your brother is the answer.

-DB

It appears to be a cyclical downward spiral. The coach appears lost. It doesn't help that his QB is a guy that was on the street a month ago, but again I lay blame on Spurrier for not addressing this in camp. On the other side, it appears a number of players have quit for the year.

Sarge,

Hate to burst your bubble, but that was never a question!

OK, I'll rephrase. What I heard (since I thankfully didn't go to the NCO club to watch) and concluded was that your brother has no worries about his job. Hopefully next year we can keep him in one piece.:)

On a play on which Terry Glenn appeared to have trapped a ball ruled complete on a 3rd and long, Spurrier wanted to go for a challenge.

The camera panned to the sidelines, where Spurrier was yelling at everyone and the refs, trying to get the challenge in before the Cowboys snapped the ball again.

The red flag was FINALLY thrown by persons unknown, and the play was overturned leading to a punt. Just watching the circus on the sidelines was painful enough -- I really got it from a Cowboys-fan friend of mine on that one :doh:

-s

some kind of hullabaloo on the sideline concering where the red flag was and they went frantically in search of it. I guess it was difficult to procure when wearing a rain/snow parka.

we won the challenge BTW (for all the good it did us)

What is this about the challenge flag?

The boys completed a fairly long pass that would have given them a first down. The refs called it a complete pass, but Smott, who was defending, was waving no completion from the field to the sideline. THe sideline was going nuts trying to toss the flag on the field. It appeared no one knew where it was.

Sarge,

I just saw that you were in Hawaii and are an ATC. Are you in the army? I went to Haw for my honeymoon. Loved it!!!!

Want to go back as soon as possible. We were on the island of (SP)Kawaii.

Air Force, at Hickam AFB on Oahu. PM me if you come, I'll steer you away from the tourist traps.

Archived