Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Bring In 10 In 2015 Draft Class

Signed a handful of UDFA's also. The only intriguing one is Connor Halliday (QB, Washington State). Pure pocket passer (only has worked from the shotgun) and fairly lanky at 6'3"/194# but showed improvement every year especially the last two. Definitely a development player but a nice PS add if he makes it that far. 

If you rate the draft picks on ability to stick more than 4 years it looks like an excellent draft class. The past 20+ years have been poor at best, so it looks like a great improvement.

If you rate the picks on individual difference maker capabilities, it would be a low rating. They have the ability as solid players to make a difference to the team, but one would be grasping at straws to justify an individual in the group as having difference maker capabilities.

Scherff has the potential to be an all-pro guard as a part of the group effort for blockers. Unlike the LT which has to function by himself on the outside pass rush and can be a difference maker, the guard functions within the group parameters.

Smith could be a great pass rusher and run stopper; but at OLB his large size works against him turning into a great pass defender, someone is going to have to help him in that area. 

The others look like solid team contributors.

On the positive side - 2 or 3 more drafts of this type could put and the Redskins back in the super bowl mix.

for a team that went 3-13 and 4-12, was it going to kill us to draft la'el collins with that 7th round pick? i mean really, his chances of being on the field in september have got to be much better than the guy whom we did draft. and it would have allowed us to play scherrf at left guard, his best position. that's why the cowboys are so far ahead of us. they took a chance with dez bryant and now they are taking a chance with randy gregory, while we stick our noses up in the air and say, 'no way!' i don't care what management says; we would have been better off with leonard williams and jake fisher. but 'best player available' seems to fly out the window as soon as the clock starts ticking.

and one more thing, jon jansen was a SECOND round pick, not a #5 overall pick. and russ grimm was a SECOND round pick, not a #5 overall pick. but the majority of pro bowl caliber d-linemen in the league were high 1st round picks. if i know that, then why didn't our extremely well paid brand new gm know it? todd bowles, who should have been our def coord instead of haslett, took the player we should have taken and is probably still laughing--belated revenge for us refusing to even consider him as one of the umpteen assistant and head coaches that we've hired over the last several years. oh, well, another 5-year rebuilding program to look forward to. and another group of 5th and 6th round draft picks to drool over--while they're still here.

The Scherff pick I get. A bit of a reach, but he was the best OL in the draft and he addresses a huge weakness for us. But, the rest of the draft left me confused and aggravated. What's even more headscratching is the fact the analysts are giving us high marks. If it wasn't for the fact that McCloughan has put together some beastly teams, I would be very pessimistic about this team's future.

Archived