Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Griffin III Is 'Focused On San Francisco'

“A large majority of the locker room has come to me and talked to me, and that’s great,”

What I can't help to wonder is what about the "minority"? Shouldn't a QB have the WHOLE locker room? Shouldn't the face of the franchise have the support of the ENTIRE team...including the HC? 

I heard last year that there was dissention among the team. Some were on his side & others weren't. That's a recipe for disaster. Until he has the support of the ENTIRE team we won't win. Until he focuses on getting better as a QB we're all going to continue to experience the misery we call the Washington Redskins.  I'm SOOO not looking forward to playing the 49ers.

HTTR!!!

I guess I am confused here. All anyone has said is that he should shut it down during press conferences and not give the media anything. 

He did exactly that, and now people are trashing him for that????   Sorry, he deserves all he gets for the bad play. But the press conference was one of the best he has ever had. He did a complete Bill Belichik. He just STFU and left the media so frustrated they had to make **** up. 

I personally loved every minute of the press conference. He owned them and he knew it. It had to feel good for once. 

Most of you guys check out Hogs Haven. There is an interesting breakdown on Griffin from Sunday. You have got to see this before any more talk of Gruden is a bad playcaller.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/11/20/7252427/hazards-huddle-robert-griffin-iii-vs-tampa-bay-buccaneers-2nd-half-redskins-nfl

I watched this and I see it as a very good breakdown of Griffins poor play. I don't see it as a referendum on Gruden's play calling. My problem with Gruden's play calling is not the pass plays he calls, is that he calls pass plays too often. He abandons the run game entirely too quickly, although I think he was getting a little better. Also, it's something he will learn.

Back to the video. It was one of the best breakdowns of Griffins play I have seen and confirms what we all already knew, it was his worst game ever. It shows me he is not playing with any kind of confidence. Wide open guys down field and he is pulling it in or taking a check down.

I say again, if he plays this way in the 1st half against SF, pull him for Colt. But that's just me.

I watched this and I see it as a very good breakdown of Griffins poor play. I don't see it as a referendum on Gruden's play calling. My problem with Gruden's play calling is not the pass plays he calls, is that he calls pass plays too often. He abandons the run game entirely too quickly, although I think he was getting a little better. Also, it's something he will learn.

Back to the video. It was one of the best breakdowns of Griffins play I have seen and confirms what we all already knew, it was his worst game ever. It shows me he is not playing with any kind of confidence. Wide open guys down field and he is pulling it in or taking a check down.

I say again, if he plays this way in the 1st half against SF, pull him for Colt. But that's just me.

Let's hope Griffin has a bounce back game and he's not headed further down the rabbit's hole. The reason I defend Gruden is if you are playing from behind then you have to pass. If Griffin had completed some of these pass plays then it opens up the run...same way that a successful run game helps out the pass game. It's not the coaching Goskin, it's all Griffin. BTW, Gruden mentioned in a presser that he has failed in not calling enough touches for runs, so, yeah, you are right there too.

It's hard to "bounce back" from a bad game when the bad play is caused by tunnel vision. I will check out MC's link after I post this but I've seen greener guys come in during Aug and by Oct, they have the footwork down, they have learned to see the entire field, sometimes using two or three "areas" they check through buy RG seems to have a very limited view of the field and combined with his apparent hesitancy, is ineffective on the field. Year one, he played football.....ever since, he plays "fearball".

Now I"m going to check out the link!

erad

Archived