Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'91 skins on NFL Yearbook

fish

Best Skins team ever, no doubt about it. Maybe the best team ever. Started out 11-0 then lost to the Cowgirls. The rolled over everyone they played in the post-season. None of the games were even close, including the Super Bowl. Man I wish we still had Joe Gibbs. I was just telling my wife about this team and how great they were. Thanks for the heads up Fish!

This year's team reminds me of the 91 team. They both had a bunch of average "D" lineman who on the 91 team overachieved and got after the qb. The Lb's on the 91 team were incredible. We had Marshall and Coleman and Goveia and a solid hard hitting secondary. Look at our present "D" talent and you see the same kind of team. This year's "D" has the potential to be stellar.

The 91 team was a swan song for the hogs and we havent had that type of talent on the "O" line since this year. The 91 team had 2 nice RB's and one little spark plug. Riggs, Byner and Irvins ran it up around and over other teams all year long. This years team has a nice group of RB's we may not have the Riggs power unless the Rock or Betts step up but Sultan can add some speed that even Irvins could only dream of. We protected the qb in that season like few teams have ever done. Rypen could throw the long ball with sweet accuracy and if we give Ramsey the same kind of protection he has the same high quality triad of recievers to go to. 91 team had Monk, Clark and Sanders and we have Gardner, Coles and Jacobs and Johnson.

Remember the 91 team wasn't predicted to do Jack going into that season. They came out swinging and never let up. Here's to another classic season. HTTR

I almost forgot I think that was B. Mitchell first season with us and he had some great returns that year. He really helped us to get great field position all year long. We now also have a guy in Morton who can do the same.

The only real weakness I can see was that Don Warren was and outstanding blocker for us and we really don't have a TE on his level. But do we really need one with SS's system?

from tommy-the-greek

Remember the 91 team wasn't predicted to do Jack going into that season. They came out swinging and never let up. Here's to another classic season. HTTR

Seems to me both the Redskins and the Bills were preseason favorites to go to the Super Bowl. Isn't that when Gibbs blasted Steve Buchantz after a preseason loss when Steve told him the Redskins were picked to go to the SB.

Redskins powerful offense tends to start at the O-line and we seem to have it in place for the first time in years. I can't imagine when the line gels together.

Also when Ramsey can connect with Coles/Gardner seemlessly, the sky is the limit.

Just give the good ol' Ball Coach some time...

Archived