Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone remember George Michael Redskins Dirt Band from the 1980's?

docsandy

With the excitement of this year, I've pulled out my tape and my videos from the glory days, most of which are the Redskins Dirt Band from George Michael, but some are song videos from other stations regarding our SuperBowl win, etc.

I don't know if anyone would be interested in these, but if so, I'd be willing to attempt to get them from tape to a format I could make available to download. I have 8 of the songs as mp3s that are easy enough. As far as the videos, gotta get them from tape to DVD first so I can get them from DVD to my computer.

They are much more tamer than the videos of today, I assure you, but they're still fun to watch. I think on the same videotape I have Joey T's injury (why I have no clue, I can't watch it).

Would there be any interest in these? If not, that's okay, but I figured I'd ask before I went and tried to get them all converted.

The eight songs from the 1982 season that I have on CD include a song about the first game (Eagles), Tampa, two general songs (it was a strike year), then the playoffs (Detroit, Minnesota, Dallas ("Shootout at RFK"), and of course, the Superbowl ("THe Game" (to the tune of "FAME").

Again, if there isn't interest, that is fine. They are definitely much more laid back than today's music, etc. But they are fun to listen to/watch.

:logo:

Okay.. glad there's interest. The mp3s won't be difficult... the videos more so as I have to fineagle them to DVD then to a format to upload.

Where should I post when I have them ready? Is The Stadium okay, or should I go to the film library/graphic or such other place?

Unfortunately I don't have the Q107 song.. I've heard it, but never got a copy of it.

Okay.. I have the mp3s ready of the 8 dirt band songs...

I went to yousendit.com and it seems I can't upload them unless I have an email address to send it to. It says it has "suspended services" temporarily.

I have a zip file with the eight songs. Anyone have an idea how I can make them available to you guys who want them?

THe songs are from the 1982 season and are:

1) Season of the Skins (Eagles game)

2) Splish Splash (Tampa Bay)

3) Good Ole Rock n Role Football

4) Playoff Bound

5) Redskins Respect (Lions playoff game)

6) Redskins Do It Again (Vikings playoff game)

7) Shootout at RFK (Cowboys playoff game)

8) The Game (SuperBowl XVII)

The songs are great and I too would love to see those old "Dirt Band" videos that George Michael and Ch. 4 did.

:eaglesuck

Those are going to take a little time.. someone is helping me with those.

I'll post which ones are coming later... but they will come for sure.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived