Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Radeon 9700....All I can say is WOW!!!

Johnny Punani2

Read up on this!! 8x AGP! Whoa!!

Here are a few numbers for those of you who can't wait. The 3DMark2001SE score of GeForce4 Ti4600 was 11,400, while Radeon 9700, with its young driver, scored 14,000. Once 4x FSAA and 8x anisotropic filtering was used, the scores changed quite significantly. GeForce4 Ti4600 was able to get a mere 4500 points, while Radeon 9700 scored 10,000 points, thus, more than twice the points of the competitor from NVIDA

Click here...

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Dude, what language are you speaking?

Video cards man, video cards!!

To sum it up...Getitng a score of 10,000 from 3DMark2001SE which is a benchmark tool that shows how good your graphics card is with 4x FSAA and 8x anisotropic filtering on is huge!!

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

Geeks forever!!

nv30 is coming soon.

HELL YEAH!!!!! From what I understand NVIDIA wasn't too impressed with the RADEON 9700. I dunno how much of that is just talk but if that is the case and those kinds of scores don't impress them then I wonder what NV30 is gonna be like!!??? DOOM 3 anyone?? LOL!!

Hey, anyone in here play Medal of Honor Allied Assault?

Okay, I'm going say the original post lost me a little but given time,........ yea. right. Yes 56. I have played MOH. Quite the game isn't it? Left it about 3 months ago while stuck in a small village that was full of snipers. @#@#$@ accurate SOB's too. Great game. Found myself ducking while playing the Omaha Beach level. :cheers:

MOHAA rocks!! I love that game. Omaha Beach level is right outta Saving Private Ryan. A very realistic game as well. Also, I know a lot of people who are in the Army infantry, Special Ops, Marine combat pos play the game.

This fall is going to be huge for new games. DOOM 3, Unreal Tournament 2K3, Unreal 2, Deus Ex 2, Unreal Championship, House of the Dead 3, etc.

I've got the XBOX and a PC. Though the PC needs to be flat out replaced if I am to play any of those games. Saw the video trailer of DOOM 3 from the E3 and it looks like it almost wants to max out the power of the present PC's and video card. Gonna nee that Radeon for that one. Supposed to be very scary as well. Ghost Recon is another that is on my list, (Doom 3 and that one are coming out for XBOX), andis supposed to kick arse as well. Whew! As if I didn't have a life already. :cheers:

I use a Mac G4 for music and graphics and love it. It even has a NVIDIA GeForce 4 in it, but unfortunately not a lot of games are made for the Mac.

I'm trying to decide whether to get a PS 2, an XBOX or just to build a gaming PC from scratch. Which has the better graphics, in your opinions?

Well Riggo, I think in the not so long run the P.C. will have the better graphics. Doom 3 supposedly will max out the XBOX, (according to Xbox magazine even), but, I assume from 56's post, more than likely won't max out any pc that has the radeon 9700. Of course, that could mean a pc will need some pretty stout horsepower to run it and the game. 56? Am I way off base?

I bought the Xbox because I wanted a system strictly devoted to gaming. At $300.00, now $200.00, I think I got a pretty good deal, compared to the P.C. serving the same purpose. Whether the consoles force gaming companies to really start putting out big games that take full advantage of the power of the P.C. is up in the air. Which is another reason I have the Xbox.

The same companies, for the most part, that are putting out games for the Playstation 2 and P.C. are doing so for the XBOX, which is far and away a more powerful system. If online gaming is your thing, PS2, P.C.'s and Xbox are heavily devoted to it and featuring similar games. Some even the same.

Funny. PC Gamer in their latest issue did a small spoof of a future issue where they celebrated the 5th anniversary of the "death of the consoles". Wishful thinking? Hmmmm. If the Mac ever get's even close to the same game support that these have, I would have one like that. :cheers:

I have an X-box as well (although I don't play it that much) If you are looking for the best graphics then X-box is the way to go. Also, Microsoft is going to launch a gaming network for the x-box as well.

I heard that DOOM 3 will need a lot of horsepower so to speak to run smoothly. From what I understand, DOOM 3 will need a Geforce 4 and 2.0 ghz cpu to run well. I didn't know that DOOM 3 was going to be on X-Box either and I am pretty shocked about that because I thought the X-box didn't have enough juice to run it. Prob a stripped down version of the game.

If I were you Riggo I would just go with building a PC. Just build a PC with an Athlon 2100 CPU in it and a Geforce 4 in it and you will be fine for awhile. You will be able to play online as well which you can't do on X-box or PS2 yet. I don't care what anyone says PC gaming will be around for a long time.

Archived