Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aerosmith (live 1977)

Portis for 6

I'll make this short and sweet. I absolutely love this band from there first album to Get your wings,Toys in the attic, Rocks, Draw the line, and Night in the ruts. Though I never sniffed a day of the 70's and have seen Aerosmith live four times (97,2000,2002,2012) and each time I've got my moneys worth. But it sure would have been awesome to see them in Houston back in 1977.

So this is not just for my Aerosmith fans. If you're skeptical about Aerosmith I beg you to click on the video.

Aerosmith kicks ass. Thanks for sharing. I've seen them several times over the years.

I was only disappointed once, and that was when they were touring with KISS around 10-11 years ago. My wife and I went to see the show at the MCI center. On that tour KISS & Aerosmith alternated as the opening act, as either of them could be the headliner. KISS blew the roof off of the place, and had a lot of eneregy. They sounded tight, along with a great light show, pyrotechnics, etc. It was a great show and very entertaining.

Aerosmith sounded pretty good, but our beef was the length of the show and the lack of energy. Like I've said, I've seen Aerosmith and, with the exception of Steven Tyler, these guys seemed like that they were just going through the motions.

It was way to short and, because a good portion of it was wasted when Joe Perry played a bunch of his own songs from his solo endeavor(s). That pissed us off, we were there to see Aerosmith, not the Joe Perry Project. Out of a 90-minute show, it felt like they stole 30 minutes from us with that Joe Perry crap.

What really, really pissed us off,(and a lot of people around us), is that they played one encore. One! Then flashed a sign on a the video sreen with a picture of an ass with Aerosmith wings that said "The End" That was a slap in the face. I've been to countless concerts starting in the late 70's, and that was a first.

That being said....I still love Aerosmith....

Archived