Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nov. 24: QB Jason Campbell

Art

Our first chat with Campbell is done. I liked the "getting to know you" feel of this chat and thought it went well. He had three laughs in this one which is fun.

SkinsFan028

Jason,

Congratulations on your first game as a pro! I know everyone was very impressed by your poise throughout the entire game. Obviously the Skins are last in the divison, what I want to know is, what are we going to do to get us back on track be it this year or the next? What are we going to do?

Jason Campbell

We’re going to turn it around by working together. Right now as a team we just got to stick together and just fight through this adversity we’re facing right now and just continue to keep working and we’ll get out of it.

LiveStrongSkins

Jason,

I'm a big fan of yours and love what you bring to the table. I got my #17 jersey ready and I'm excited for the Campbell era! My question to you is, what is your response to the people that say the only reason you were successful in college was because of your running backs? The last time I checked they didn’t throw the ball for you.

Jason Campbell

You know that’s true. Everyone always used to always talk about we had great running backs and that was the reason for our success. But that wasn’t true. You go back and watch all the film, most of our big plays was in the passing game to help open up our running game. If it hadn’t been for those big plays everyone would just stack the box to stop our run game. People tried to do that but they couldn’t do that because we had great receivers. Basically we just even balanced.

D.20640

Jason,

How Does it feel to be wearing the #17 know the History Behind the #?

that for taking my ?

Jason Campbell

(Knowing laugh) It feels good to be wearing number 17. Coming out of college I wore it. I went undefeated my last year in it. Coming to the NFL hopefully it’ll help bring great things. Doug Williams wore it and won a Super Bowl here so I wanted to carry that tradition and see what happens.

RobotFire

Jason, how hard is the Saunders offense to execute? Is it really that different from the Gibbs offense? Todd Collins has said that it takes about a year to learn. Does this sound accurate?

Jason Campbell

It’s not that hard. You just got to dedicate yourself to it. We just do a lot of different things. It just takes a lot of studying and making sure that you’re on top of everything that you need to do. It takes a lot of time, that’s it. You just got to continue to keep working. It’s a work in process but at the same time he has great things he can bring to the table if you make sure you study it.

Monkart

Hey Jason,

How did it feel having that group of Redskin fans (the send off/ welcome home group) giving you props for your first NFL start, as you left Redskin park on the team bus, also as you returned??

Jason Campbell

It felt good. That support system. In times like this you need more support than ever. Right now we tried to take that to Tampa with us. On the way back we had a tough loss, and they was still standing out there. That just goes to show you they with us do or die. When the going gets good they always going to be there and when it gets bad they going to be there.

Community Question

Most important question we can ask. No matter how many touchdowns you throw for and no matter how great your career is, if you answer this incorrectly, the fans will turn on you. Simply……gas or charcoal .

Jason Campbell

(Big laugh. Loved the question) Charcoal. Reason being is you get more taste.

Mr.Skinbo

Great job in your Skins Debut, keep playing with poise and composure. One question, how much of an influence has Mark Brunell been on you, and how has his role of backup changed his view towards you.

Jason Campbell

He’s still the same guy. He told me when he ended up starting his career it’s the same situation I started mine, so he already knows what I’m going through. He’s at the end of his career and I’m at the beginning of mine, so he’s going to do everything he can to help me out.

supaskin

I was really impressed with your attitude after the game (and your performance during it!) I have heard you on multiple occasions talk about how important it is to have continuity, and how filing guys in and out hurts the team. Does there seem to be a recommitment around Redskins park lately to build upon the talent we already have, rather than through big name acquisitions?

Thanks Jason, I can't tell you how excited I am to watch you play in the years to come!

Jason Campbell

We just need to continue to keep building together. Chemistry is what makes teams better. You look all the teams that won championships over the years, those are teams that stick together through the tough times.

the burgundy and gold

Jason, explain your feelings when you got on the field to take your first NFL snap.

Jason Campbell

You know, I tried not to put a whole lot into it. I just made it feel like it’s one play at a time. I was going out there to play the game that way. Just focus on one play at a time and it helped to get me through the game.

SkinsFanSince82

First, thanks for taking the time to chat with the fans, and I think we're all excited for you to finally be getting your chance.

My question is: are there any awkward or unusual pre-game rituals or superstitions you find yourself doing before a game?

Jason Campbell

I always find a strong Bible verse that’s going to give me strength to go out and do what I need to do that day. I always ask Pastor Brett or someone that I know that can know how to give me good scripture to read for the upcoming game.

Darryl2nd55

Mr. Campbell,

First I wanted to start by saying I'm glad your getting a chance to start,

although it wasn't under the best circumstances. My question for you is Now

that Mr. Clinton Portis is out for the season, do you feel it is added pressure on

you, or does it motivate you to step-it up even more?

Jason Campbell

I don’t feel it’s added pressure because my teammates around me really stepped their game up and they told me to lean on them for support. That meant a lot to me. I’m just going to continue to keep fighting and just go out there and do the best I can to help the team win.

SkinsTillIDie

Jason,

From your brief media appearances, you seem like a pretty soft-spoken guy. As the quarterback, and therefore leader, of this team, what type of locker-room presence do you command? Would you consider yourself a vocal leader, or do you just try to lead by example?

Thanks, and good luck the rest of the way

Jason Campbell

I feel like I’m a vocal leader, but also I feel like I’d rather lead by example more than vocal. I try to do both all the time but you can do all the talk you want to but you also have to walk the walk.

Jethrodsp

Jason-

Do you think playing in the talent-rich SEC has prepped you more for the level of play in the NFL than if you had played in a smaller conference like the MAC?

Jason Campbell

I do feel that. I feel like playing in a tough conference, being able to start 40 games in the SEC has really helped prepared me for the NFL.

UnKle RUku$

To my nephew Jason,

We've been pulling for you the entire season, my entire family including the dog has been waiting for this moment you are about to have this weekend against the BUCS!!! Don't worry about having a bad 7 wks or a good 7 wks. Just know that the Redskins Nation is behind you 1000%. Yes I said 1000% we love you here and have been waiting for you for some time now...We believe in you JC,we believe!!!!

Do your thing boy,

From Your Unkle Ruckus from a town near Taylorsville, MS

Riggs Park, Washington DC NE side of town!!!

Jason Campbell

(Laughing) Well Uncle Rukus, nephew Jason’s going to try to do everything he can to get us out of the hole we’re in right now. You just have to stick with me through the highs and lows. But right now just hopefully I just continue to maintain and help get this team back on the winning track.

Closing statemeyt by Jason Campbell

I just wanted to thank all the Redskin fans for their support. Just continue to keep supporting us. Right now we really need it in this time that we’re going through. Just remember through all adversity, good things lie ahead.

Archived