Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nov. 3: Randy Thomas

Art

Guys, sorry about this chat. It was done last week but I was unexpectantly without computer access from Thursday on and only now have come free to fully get this thing up and rolling. Marcus is today after practice so he'll be up tomorrow. So, remember, this chat was done last week, before Dallas :).

jmcardle1982

Hey Randy,

I know a 2-5 start has to be even more frustrating to you than it is to us fans. If there was one thing on this team that you could change, what would it be and why?

Thanks

Randy Thomas

Hmmmm. (Letting out a long breath). That’s a tough one. You know what? Just the outcome of some games. I’m not a genie or anything….wishes and all that. I would hope certain games didn’t go a certain way. I wish some of them throws we could have made….some of those blocks we could have made to make a difference. That’s the only thing I could wish (for) because I can’t predict the future.

bedlamVR

Randy,

One of the most emotional sights I saw last year was you being carted off the field to chants of "Randy, Randy, Randy". The question I have is how disheartening is it to hear the same crowd of "fans" booing you at home in week 6 half way through a ball game? Did the crowd help or hinder you the Titans?

Randy Thomas

This game is so emotional for us and the fans. Believe me, if I was a fan I probably would have booed us too the way we played. I don’t ever question the fans and what they do. They are what makes the game. We gotta be pros about it and come back and bounce back. If anything it makes us stronger to want to perform better.

riggins44

Randy,

In a barbeque cookoff between OL and DL...who wins?

Randy Thomas

Oh man (elevated, incredulous voice). OL hands down. They eaters, we cookers. We make the money. If we serve ribs, they probably serve bread, you know what I mean?

Darth Gibbs

Hey Randy,

I hear you're a pretty solid basketball player. Whose the best on the team?

Randy Thomas

All around? I’m the best shooter. I’m not going to play defense. I’m not going to run the court. I got to pick one of the little guys. I’ll say Randle El. I didn’t want to say that, but I had to say it.

extremeskin

Randy, during the beach blitz my family and I saw you riding a bike w/your kids!!! I was wondering what you like to do with your time off?

Randy Thomas

Eat. Sit around at any buffet and stuff my mouth.

SkinsTtillIDie

Randy,

Two years ago, Jon Jansen missed the entire season through injury. And last year, he went through a phase with two broken thumbs. How much added pressure did you feel to perform without him 100%? And as Brunell's blind-side blocker, how important is a healthy Jansen to this team's aspirations for success?

Randy Thomas

Lot of people don’t give credit due. Jansen’s doing a good job of protecting his blind side. With a left-handed quarterback we are his blind side. People don’t give us the credit we kind of deserve. He’s battling. He’s doing a good job. We’re just trying basically to win a game.

ST#21willbreaku

Randy,

Is it more rewarding for your running back to get 100 yds. in a game or the QB to go without a sack? Why?

Randy Thomas

That’s a good one. I think I’d rather protect my quarterback.

supadrummer

Hi Randy,

In the past I have defended Mark Brunell to a fault. Why is it that he cannot throw deep like he did to beat the Cowboys last year? Why is the offensive line not protecting him and giving Clinton Portis a Lane to break a big one, especially against some of the worst defenses in the league?

Randy Thomas

Let me answer this guy here. First of all, whenever he gets a chance to call an offense or run an offense, he gots to know all 11 guys got to be on time to do their jobs. Believe me, every place could break. (And) they are NFL players, they’re teams that we play against that are trying to stop us. I guess I could say they are doing a good job by stopping us.

AndrewJ7393

No matter what, I'm keeping the faith in you guys, so keep fighting!!!

Randy,

One of the big reasons, I think the team was able to run off 6 straight wins late last season (including the playoff win) was the change to the all white uniforms. To kind of change the mojo of this years team, what do you think of going to an all burgandy look for the Cowboys game?

Randy Thomas

I’m not superstitious at all. I don’t get into that uniform thing. I just know when everything is going right every uniform looks good. We just got to find a way to get it going right.

Flexxskins

I’d like to know if the team is feeling and exhibiting the type of chemistry that is needed to bounce back?[/b]

Randy Thomas

This team is built around a lot of leaders. We don’t like to lose. This week we’re pretty much just going back to the basics of things and just having fun again. We’ve really just been stressed out around here trying to get a win and (being under) pressure. We’re just going back to having fun again.

chow184

hi randy

having seen you on the comcast sports channel ,I know that you love to eat.

what's your favorite food?

Randy Thomas

You got time for this? I’m a seafood man. I graduated from barbeque, you know what I mean? I’m over 30. I got to watch what I eat. I’ve heard shrimp is good for you now so I’ll probably eat a lot of those from here on.

the burgundy and gold

Randy, i know you're a big eater, i was wondering what's your pregame meal?

Randy Thomas

Mac and cheese. Broccoli. Sometimes I get chicken breasts with some hash browns. Plenty of salt. And a cookie.

Flexxskins

Randy,

let me first say that I greatly respect and appreciate the fact that you seem to give it your all on every single play that you are in the game. :applause:

I would like to know if (in your opinion) the team as a whole is feeling and exhibiting any sense of urgency in getting to the playoffs, like they did last season? If guys are exhibiting any sense of urgency, what kinds of things are they doing to show it? Are guys getting loud and emotional in the locker room?

Randy Thomas

Of course. If you’re not in this game to get to the playoffs you’re in the wrong business. If I ever see a player who’s not hungry to get to the playoffs I would think I would call him out. Of course we’re trying to get there. We’ve got to win a lot of games to get it but I have hope.

redskins4life234

Hey Randy.

Whats it like blocking for Clinton Portis. How do you perfer His running style and with the coaching system to other ones you have blocked for? You are doing a great job. Keep up the work.

Randy Thomas

By the way thank you, thank you, thank you for recognizing that. Clinton is a special runner. We just need to get him more carries and more opportunities to get into the end zone. When he’s doing well you can tell because he’s having fun. We just got to find a way to get him the ball.

Closing Statement

Randy Thomas

I really appreciate everybody sending their questions in and being very attentive to the team and believe me, we’re going to fight to the end.

Archived