Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Wars in 3D in 2007!

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord

George Lucas told delegates at a Las Vegas covention yesterday that he want's to re-release his iconic Star Wars franchise in 3D,beginning in 2007.

Speaking at the annual film industry expo ShoWest,Lucas,who introduced the first reel of his upcoming Episode III-Revenge of the Sith,was among a handful of pioneering filmmakers who publicly endorsed the format.

Attendees heard how Lucas dropped plans to shoot Episode III in 3D due to logistical problems.He added that converting a picture from 2D to 3D would cost in the region of $5 million.

Although I'm estatic that apparently Revenge of the Sith will not be the last time I'll have a chance to see Star Wars on the big screen,but didn't Lucas say,last week,on 60 Minutes,that after Revenge of the Sith,he was done with Star Wars?

I posted another thread about this, but regarding the level of effort, I dont expect it to be particularly high. Since Lucas is making extensive use of 3-d rendered characters and backdrops, he can create offset renders of those frames "automagically", so to speak, its all data on a mainframe somewhere.

Guest sith lord

It all depends on if it's true 3D.From what I've heard,a movie that is filmed in 2D and made into 3D is not true 3D. But if they can pull it off and it has that true 3D effect,just imagine some of those space battles in 3D.

Originally posted by sith lord

It all depends on if it's true 3D.From what I've heard,a movie that is filmed in 2D and made into 3D is not true 3D. But if they can pull it off and it has that true 3D effect,just imagine some of those space battles in 3D.

All of the digitally rendered backdrops in movies like Attack of the Clones are created from 3-d data that is rendered into a 2-d image. So like I said, Lucas can easily go back and create a second offset image that gives true 3-d depth perception.

Archived