Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As Socrates used to to say...

E-Dog Night

"All I know is I know nothing."

That's kinda how I feel about the Redskins offseason. I don't know how these events will turn out. And I pride myself on knowing my football, but there are some unavoidable conclusions to which I have come.

I don't know if the defense will miss Smoot and Pierce. I think they will & the defense will be a bit worse, but I really don't know. I thought the defense would be ranked about 15th last year before the season started. Never in my wildest imagination did I see a #3 overall ranking in the whole league. Never did I think we would have a chance at the #1 ranking up until the very end.

I don't know if the offense will be better next year. I assume it will be, because you can't go much further down than 30th. I don't know if Moss and Patten will work out. I'm not convinced that Portis is the best fit for this offense, even tough I love having him on this team.

I'm not sure if Gibbs knows what he's doing. I think he does, because he always seems to do the right thing. His track record is beyond reproach, but I sometimes wonder if he isn't due for a failure as a head of an organization, under the "there's a first time for everything" theory. I trust him, I think he's got the Midas touch, but I'd be lying if i said I was 100% confident. Don't bite my head off here - I'm not the only one.

Every year, the totally unexpected happens in the NFL. The only thing I can feel certain about is that, whatever happenes, there will be a bunch of people on this board engaging in "I told you so" posts.

If things work out nicely, the glass half full people will say they knew it all along, they had been saying it all along, and the were right all along, that everyone was panicking for nothing. The glass half empty people will say “I hate to say I told you so, but...” and people in general will take credit for knowing stuff that they really didn't know.

No point here, just maybe saying that I'm gonna relax and not worry about things and just wait until the season starts to see what happens. No more rants, no more doom and gloom, no more playoff predictions.

Who knows? We all might realize that we didn't know half of what we thought we did.

Archived