Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Even with Moss, we need a #1 WR

RWJ

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.

Name: Santana Moss

Grade: 68 | Key

Alert: B

Comment:

Moss is an extremely elusive and explosive return man and shows the change of direction skills and agility to make tacklers miss in the open field. Has great speed and was a track guy while in school at the University of Miami. He runs with great technique and shows the ability to outrun most defenders in the open field. Shows good patience and vision. Is an absolute playmaker that shows the ability to go the distance every time that he touches the ball. He is undersized and fearless so durability is always going to be a concern but he proved last year that he could endure a full NFL season as both a starting receiver and return man.

Name: Santana Moss

Position: Wide Receiver

Grade: 76 | Key

Alert: B

Comment:

Moss explodes out of cuts, runs precise routes and excels at generating separation working against man coverage. Changes directions without losing much speed in transition, shows effective double moves and will occasionally turns defensive backs around. Has the elusiveness to make multiple defenders miss and is a threat to make something happen every time touches the ball. Shows great body control and can adjust to the ball while it's in the air. Catches the ball with hands away from frame, can catch the ball at its highest point and will make some acrobatic receptions. Moss generally uses his quick feet and rare agility to avoid the jam at the line but he lacks prototypical size, he lacks the upper body strength to beat the jam when a corner gets into his frame and bigger corners will have some success muscling him out of his routes. Lacks bulk, doesn't show great power at the point of attack and offers little as a blocker though gives good effort. He is a marginal No. 1 and an excellent No. 2.

He is a marginal No. 1 and an excellent No. 2.

I would have to say I agree with them.

Originally posted by TODD

I don't know about that. I think that we'd be alright waiting for D-Mac, Santana, or Jacobs to step up or all just play good ball together.

Agreed, spend some money on a center and backup interior linemen, both sides of the ball

I would be very happy with Edwards/Williams at #9, Swancutt with our 3rd rounder(if we can't get a 3rd for Gardner) and either Matt Lehr, Center from the Rams or the Center from the Ravens. I forget his name

if our wideouts include moss jacobs thrash mccants and a draft pick, or some combination like that, ramsey better learn to see the field real fast, because none of the receivers we have will be go-to guys. Anyone could make a catch on any play basically, it's gonna be a real blue collar receiving core, so we better hope ramsey as well as our receivers can step it up and get the job done.

I respect your ideas Zen, but this is the way I see it. Our WR's blew last year. We need speed, hands and size. Our passing OF stunk. If we can get the Casey kid from the Ravens in FA our line is set. With Jansen coming back we will be rock solid on our right side. I think that Dockery will have a breakout year and Samuels he is solid too. Pierce is great, but we have to keep Smoot. If Barrow is healed up and ready he will be solid in the middle. Clifton Smith is waiting in the wings. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by RWJ

I respect your ideas Zen, but this is the way I see it. Our WR's blew last year. We need speed, hands and size. Our passing OF stunk. If we can get the Casey kid from the Ravens in FA our line is set. With Jansen coming back we will be rock solid on our right side. I think that Dockery will have a breakout year and Samuels he is solid too. Pierce is great, but we have to keep Smoot. If Barrow is healed up and ready he will be solid in the middle. Clifton Smith is waiting in the wings. Just my 2 cents.

I like Clifton Smith. I also like the idea of an upgrade at Center. However, we had better draft a RG as well. I don't see Dockery having a breakout year. Problems with him do not involve his physical capabilities... they are mental lapses. I don't know if he can improve this. I would do everything in my power to trade down at least once, unless MW is available at #9.

Santana Moss, Taylor Jacobs, James Thrash, and Darnerian McCants as a recieving core scares absolutely nobody.

We need to pick up a solid #1 reciever through the draft, or through FA.

With just that recieving core, I'd be willing to bet that our passing game is just as bad next year as it was this year.

Originally posted by fpickering

I like Clifton Smith. I also like the idea of an upgrade at Center. However, we had better draft a RG as well. I don't see Dockery having a breakout year. Problems with him do not involve his physical capabilities... they are mental lapses. I don't know if he can improve this. I would do everything in my power to trade down at least once, unless MW is available at #9.

i agree with the center , i am not sold on dockery either ( even tho randy thomas is our RG ) maybe dockery will do better he deserves another year to see , and i think pierce needs to come back as well , barrow might be great but its time to groom our young stars and not buy againg talent from other teams and we can pretty much forget about williams and edwards being there at 9 with the vikes and bucs both wanting williams

If you're complaining about having S.Moss as #1 WR i don't know what Burress solves,at least S.Moss has BEEN a #1 WR throughout his career...I must have missed when Burress was...If we get S.Moss,it'll be a draft pick as another WR and that's it.Just depends on whether it's a first round pick or not,that's all.The only two #1 guys in FA are gone,Muhammed and Porter,in my opinion.

Originally posted by illone

Mike Williams will make Ramsey look better.

As long as Pat throws it in Mike's general vicinity we'll improve our offense:laugh:

He will not be an option! Bucs or the Vikes will have him unless the Raiders/Viking trade falls through.

Originally posted by mookie0720

Santana Moss, Taylor Jacobs, James Thrash, and Darnerian McCants as a recieving core scares absolutely nobody.

Scares me. I hope that's not what he have to depend on to win games and improve on our archaic passing game.

Archived