Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles WR's

Theo

Curious to hear some opinions on the Eagles WR's now that we are 5 games in. They got trashed here quite a bit by some. Right now, they are all getting involved and playing well and have the #1 passing attack in the league.

And before anyone throws out the 'no wonder, all they do is throw' line, know that the Eagles now have a 59.1 to 40.9, pass to run ratio. 178 passes, 123 runs.

I think it's been shown that McNabb can get by with average receivers if he gets enough time from his offensive line.

Make no mistake. They are still average. Brown's TD should have been intercepted by Williams. It was a poorly thrown ball into double coverage, and Roy got confused.

Basket made a double move on a blitz. On a blitz. How did this have enough time to work? The offensive line.

I think it's been shown that McNabb can get by with average receivers if he gets enough time from his offensive line.

Which is exactly what Eagles fans tried to tell the haters all off-season. All I remember hearing was,"they played in a mediocre NFC then, that won't cut it now." Looks like it does.

The Eagles O-line and scheme fit McNabb perfectly. I think they can definitly get by and make the playoffs...how far will they go? Remains to be seen. I think they are as good as any of their past NFC title appearances (not SB level) but can make the playoffs and do some damage.

But until proven otherwise McNabb and the Eagles are the Colts of the NFC. A team that can make the playoffs but then cant win the one game that matters.

Im not an eagles fan by any stretch ... But if the eagles had Randle El, Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd , Chris Cooley .... They'd be in the Superbowl

Sad but true

exactly. Which is why as an Eagles fan I'd be pissed that my pass first offense has only mediocre receivers.

They deserve an empty trophy case.

Im not an eagles fan by any stretch ... But if the eagles had Randle El, Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd , Chris Cooley .... They'd be in the Superbowl

Sad but true

Moss is the only player of the ones you named that I would want to replace an Eagles starter.

I think he's right.

If everyone is healthy, the best WR combination would be:

Moss

Stallworth

Brown #3

Maybe Baskett #4? :whoknows:

Are you sure you're a NO fan?

Stallworth hasn't played in two games...to be a great player, you have to play.

Brown is the worst of the lot for Philly. Lewis, Baskett, Brown...that's the way I see it...and that isn't very good.

You're right tr1, Lloyd sure is tearing it up, and hey, if you ever need a gadget play, Randle El's your guy!

Come on 78, you can do better than that. Please give me your best shot.

Hey, you guys are gonna be 7-1 soon. It's a pity we have to put up with the gloating for that long, but that's the way the schedule is.

Hope that Stallworth comes back soon. You won't see a lot of dbs like Dallas' after mid-season.

And pray that Westbrook lasts...he's your heart and soul.

McNabb can do a lot of damage, but he can't do it without a running game and mediocre receivers.

Brown is the worst of the lot for Philly. Lewis, Baskett, Brown...that's the way I see it...and that isn't very good.

I believe I prefaced my list with WHEN HEALTHY.

WeOwnU agrees...guess he must be a closet Philly fan too :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure he did that yesterday...

52 yds rushing, Stallworth out.

How do you think he'd do against the Bears?

The Eagles are not a elite team right now.

They've played patsies...

Let's see how they do after mid-season.

That's the way you see it because you don't follow the eagles as much as those who do. You just claim to know more on a message board.

Lewis excels coming off the bench because of his speed. He is not a full time starter. That's how he made his big plays this year, and that's why he was successful in 2004.

BTW I would note along with the numbers in the original post, McNabb has one of the highest yards per completion number at over 9 yards an completion. Another argument that would thwart an attempt to tarnish their offenses pass success.

How do you think he'd do against the Bears?

The Eagles are not a elite team right now.

They've played patsies...

Let's see how they do after mid-season.

How would ANYONE do against the Bears? They are playing lights out football :rolleyes:

And enough with the cupcake schedule stuff... I thought for sure that would stop after they played a good Dallas team this week. Guess not. You wanna see a cupcake schedule, look at the schedule of the Bears team that everyone is drooling over..

Let's see how they do after a few games.

Let's see how they do against a good defense.

Let's see how they do against a REALLY good defense?

What's next? Well yeah, they beat that team, but they would have lost to the 86 bears. So they are frauds...

tr1 you have nothing insiteful to say. Ever.

How would ANYONE do against the Bears? They are playing lights out football :rolleyes:

And enough with the cupcake schedule stuff... I thought for sure that would stop after they played a good Dallas team this week. Guess not. You wanna see a cupcake schedule, look at the schedule of the Bears team that everyone is drooling over..

If you thought the Eagles were an elite team, you'd tell me they would match up well against the Bears...but you and I know that they don't. No one in the NFCE does right now.

Here's something I want to clerify right now. And I think I can speak for almost all eagles fans on this board. Look at the predictions made nationally and by many of you on this message board. Everyone said the Eagles were done. The window had closed. They were never really that good. It was all the product of the NFC East. Etc.

I don't think anyone here is saying the Eagles are going to be resting their starters waiting for the superbowl. But I am here to remind those how wrong they are for the accusations they did make. It just so happens you guys are really good at back-pedalling and revising your arguments in your own minds, to where you believe your right the strong majority of the time.

Archived