Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We must find starters in this draft!!!

skinfan2k

Because of our cap situation, we must do a better job scouting late round draft picks. DUe to the Lavar situation and other cuts we may have to pick up, picking up guys in free agency may not do it.

LG- might have to find a replacement for dockery, since he is now a UFA

WR- hagan, chad jackson, moss, good choices in the draft

TE- we need garett mills, if we are lucky to land dominque byrd, we take em

DE- lawson, adenyju, tapp

LB- lavar situation, might make us pick up a linebacker that we may have to groom,

S- ryan clark hard worker but i dont see him in our long term plans, he need a taller and bigger safety, along with the sean taylor situation

K- stephen gostokski from memphis is #1 on mel kipers board, and has done great in the college workout.

Skinfan2K, how are we to draft those guys with only a #2 pick? Most of the guys you list will be "off the board" after three rounds so, at best, we get one of your guys. Our best shot at a starter is to draft a TE. Our second best shot at a starter is to draft a DE. Other holes must be filled in FA in my opinion.

Skinfan2K, how are we to draft those guys with only a #2 pick? Most of the guys you list will be "off the board" after three rounds so, at best, we get one of your guys. Our best shot at a starter is to draft a TE. Our second best shot at a starter is to draft a DE. Other holes must be filled in FA in my opinion.

i have a feeling that the redskins will pull off a trade of another team to land a #1 or with ramsey that gets them a early 2nd round pick

I agree -- TE and DE. As far as the secondary there will be some available at the CB and S position in the second and third rounds that will be able to start within a couple of years, but it will be the TE and DE that will be able to make an immediate impact.

Well, the question is, when do you want them starting? ;)

Really, with all the positions you listed, WR and DE are probably the only "need" positions that we have, and if you want starters there, you need to sign someone.

The draft isn't about the next year, but the future. Yeah, we may be able to get someone who can start by the end of the year in the 2nd or 3rd round, but generally most of those guys are going to need some work to get up to speed.

Jason

Well, the question is, when do you want them starting? ;)

Really, with all the positions you listed, WR and DE are probably the only "need" positions that we have, and if you want starters there, you need to sign someone.

The draft isn't about the next year, but the future. Yeah, we may be able to get someone who can start by the end of the year in the 2nd or 3rd round, but generally most of those guys are going to need some work to get up to speed.

Jason

exactly. i was thinking the exact same thing

Archived